How to move a post?

I have been told to move a post to a different section. Well how is this done please?

The simplest approach is to copy the text and past it into a new post in the desired forum area -- if you want the original post to be removed you can then report that post using the "report post" (little red flag) button on the original post.

You can also click the report flag on the first post and in the notes just ask that the thread be moved to section xyz

And that's why you are the brains of this place....
big_smile.png

Oh, well this is helpful. Say you see a persons post in new member introductions, and it needs to be in the Emergencies page, can you flag it and ask them to move it?

I do this all the time, might annoy the heck out of the moderators, but the thread always gets moved.....it's awesome!

It's great members like you that help so many by getting their threads/posts in the best section for help :thumbsup

Oh, well this is helpful. Say you see a persons post in new member introductions, and it needs to be in the Emergencies page, can you flag it and ask them to move it?

Yes you can flag them and they can be taken care of. The report flag is not just for reporting problems and or inappropriate things. It's there to make staff aware of many different things that may need attention. A typo in an article, thread in the wrong section etc.

It's great members like you that help so many by getting their threads/posts in the best section for help :thumbsup
Yes you can flag them and they can be taken care of. The report flag is not just for reporting problems and or inappropriate things. It's there to make staff aware of many different things that may need attention. A typo in an article, thread in the wrong section etc.
Awesome! Thanks alot, I might do this because every now and then, somebody will join and be quite frantic needing some advice, and sometimes they have not found the right page yet, or they can not figure out how to post yet, so this helps knowing that we can just move it ourselves if we know a good spot for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom