how to naturally / organically de- worm your birds

Does anybody here worm with marigold? I do. Horses and chickens.
No offense, but when it comes time to do the worm the horses we just unpack 14 tubes of ivermectin, ivermectin w/praziquantil or Safeguard and de-worm them, period. Equine surgery is way too expensive for us to risk de-worming any other way. But hey, if you have routine fecals done on your animals and they're always negative, that's great!

-Kathy

Yeah, I think that's the way to go for sheep and horses alike. Check your fecal sample and just worm for what you've got! I just do marigold and ACV and garlic as a way of buttressing the other. Does no harm and may well do good.

Yeah, I think that's the way to go for sheep and horses alike. Check your fecal sample and just worm for what you've got! I just do marigold and ACV and garlic as a way of buttressing the other. Does no harm and may well do good.
By check your fecal sample do you mean look for worms in it? Or are you doing proper fecal floats?

-Kathy

I thought I should add that I will *SCREAM* if one more person on BYC says something like "my animals don't have worms because I don't see them in their poop".

-Kathy

Four horses, four individual samples to the vet every spring. Fenbendazole if needed. Ivermectin late summer for bots, and four individual samples after the first frost to see if winter worming needed.

AVC in the water all summer long (keeps the water nice too) and a handful of dried marigolds in the winter bran mash once a week.

They're healthy horses, aged 10, 15, 28, and 30. Even the 30 year old came through this atrocious winter in good body condition.

Back
Top Bottom