How to plant mint around your coop

I used to raise it in TX (drink a lot of mojitos there, very popular!) and do it in my raised beds in FL (I'm on a hill, so my raised beds are about 175' above sea level - which in FL is a "hill"). The stems can get a bit woody in drier conditions, and the edges of the leaves a bit brown and damaged, but yes, it will still do quite well.

Like anything, it can struggle in very dense clay soils (which is why mine is in raised beds), or nutrient poor sands (where it can spread rapidly/easily, but will never thrive, just get "leggy"). But if you have chickens, you have good soil - or will, in time.

Half convinced early man found it as a weed which outcompeted almost everything, and decided to eat it to keep it under control!
I'll give it a go then. Honestly I'm 95% sure that NitroGreen killed my lawn. They were supposed to fertilize and weed kill and next thing you know the whole thing is dead. They claimed I wasn't watering it enough. So I feel like nothing grows here.

We do have dry sandy soil, rocky mountains are truly rocky. Lol. Anything is worth a go to have some green. I don't care if it is stemmy and takes over the yard honestly. It would be nice to have green. :)

Back
Top Bottom