How to raise poultry with neighbors?

Assuming the OP lives in the US state of Virginia as I have assumed from previous posts in this thread, this should answer any further questions and (hopefully) put the thread to rest:

§ 55.1-2820. When unlawful for animals to run at large.​

It is unlawful for the owner or manager of any domesticated livestock to permit any such animal, as to which the boundaries of lots or tracts of land have been or may be constituted a lawful fence, to run at large beyond the limits of his own lands within the county, magisterial district, or portion of such county in which such boundaries have been constituted and are a lawful fence.

Code of Virginia

See link below.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title55.1/chapter28/section55.1-2820/#:~:text=It is unlawful for the,portion of such county in

I too, need to leave the thread.
THANK YOU!!!!! But did think I would add that I am pretty sure this applies to most states as well.

I am happy this thread is finally over with 😮‍💨

THANK YOU!!!!! But did think I would add that I am pretty sure this applies to most states as well.

I am happy this thread is finally over with 😮‍💨
I agree. I’m fairly certain a majority of states will have a statute similar to this, if not the same. Ours is pretty much identical here in IL. I’d imagine this is where the good part of animal control regulations come from within a county.

Back
Top Bottom