How to raise wood ducks?

Yeah had 70+ mallards at one time. Been a few years since we last had bobwhites. Got rid of everything because at the time I was working on the road (electrican) and didn't have the time to care for them. Now I'm on disability I have nothing but time.
That's awesome. I'm currently working on a new aviary, I'm buying some teal and some other duck species next month. The quail will be in there too. I have 8 pairs of Bobwhites right now. They're such fun birds. Mine are tame, they eat out of my hand and such.
Aw, I hope you can get some again!

Hello! My friends recently rescued 3 baby wood ducks! They are trying to find a place to take them, but in the meantime, anyone know how to care for them? Thank you!
I have some wood ducks of my own at my backyard I provide them with a pond and tree roost they do free range. But I do clip their wing that means they can roost on low roosting bars but not fly away. I keep them seperate from chickens because their kinda small. I feed them wild duck feed and lots of meat scrapes. But I would check if its even legal in your area!:D

That's awesome. I'm currently working on a new aviary, I'm buying some teal and some other duck species next month. The quail will be in there too. I have 8 pairs of Bobwhites right now. They're such fun birds. Mine are tame, they eat out of my hand and such.
Aw, I hope you can get some again!
Oh, Teals, I love them. I want to buy some Blue-Winged Teals this year along with some Mandarin Ducks.

Back
Top Bottom