How to Safely Catch and Treat and/or Medicate Peafowl

thanks Kathy and everyone you guys are the best......anymore comments that would be wonderful....shes just laying there next to the dogs and the fireplace...even the dogs know something is wrong...

Warm fluids with maybe a little corn syrup should be tubed first, then again in 60-90 minutes, but only once she's warm enough. Sick birds are almost always hypothermic and tubing a hypothermic bird can kill it.

-Kathy

Edited to remove my number.

Last edited:
thanks Kathy for the chit chat...hope everything goes well with hawk....here is some pics

see what I mean with the eye lids.....she does open them very quick to see whats going on but then shuts them immediately and then the head starts to go down...she is warm to the tough....(next to the fireplace helps)....and she was just fine just today she just went boom im sick...hope the pics help...

Okay, so she can hold her head up, so that makes her a good candidate for tubing fluids to. Try to get the 30ml into her and see how see does. If she does okay with it, and the fluids clears her crop, do it again in 30-60 minutes.

-Kathy

Everyone, you're all welcome to call or text my cell if you ever need to.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

WOO - HOO!!!
wee.gif
We made the list!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom