how to splint a baby chicks leg

urban chicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 2, 2012
my baby chick is about 5/5 days old and she broke his leg how do I splint it? and should I separate her from the others?? need help asap

How did she break her leg, and how do you know it's broken?
Can you take a picture?
i think she broke her leg because when we first opened the box that they were shipped in she jumped out and fell on the floor and I'm pretty sure she broke it bc she doesn't let the leg even touch the floor and i was touching her leg and she kept screaming so I'm pretty sure she broke it and the leg has no visible injuries.

i think she broke her leg because when we first opened the box that they were shipped in she jumped out and fell on the floor and I'm pretty sure she broke it bc she doesn't let the leg even touch the floor and i was touching her leg and she kept screaming so I'm pretty sure she broke it and the leg has no visible injuries.
She could have pulled something, or sprained it. Either way, I would separate her from the others, or keep just one with her. I don't think splinting will help the pain, and if it is not broken out of place, I'm not sure how this would help. :(

I'm sorry she's hurting. Poor thing.

My 4 wk old hurt her leg too.i had someone check it said it wasnt dislocted. Look more like she twisted her knee.told me to use popsicle stick and medical tape but not sure how to do it

Back
Top Bottom