how to start a emu resturant

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Asia, dog is farmed for meat. If one were to be hungry enough, eating them wouldn't be a problem. A cat, being an obligate carnivore, wouldn't taste very good.

There are emu farms here on the states where emu are raised for eggs, oil( fat) and meat. I've seen Australian emu ranches too. There are no eagle ranches, not worth the hassle of raising them for food.

My last words on the subject as I feel that I have made my point and do not want this to escalate into a confrontation.

Just because they exist does not mean they are the right thing to do.

Ok I agree with all of you that they are amazing creatures and I love them and I am sorry I did not mean to offend any of you. So how about this I will do the emu theme like telia said and I will only have unfertilized eggs on the menu so I still have emu on the menu and and they do not die plz give feed back on my idea

Ok I agree with all of you that they are amazing creatures and I love them and I am sorry I did not mean to offend any of you. So how about this I will do the emu theme like telia said and I will only have unfertilized eggs on the menu so I still have emu on the menu and and they do not die plz give feed back on my idea

I think you should do what works best for you. Making a go at any type of restaurant is very tough so do what will work for you and the customers you plan on having.

Hey emu loverer

First and most importantly, my apologies! It has been hot as here and weeks on end of hot and humid days and uncomfortable nights is taking it’s toll.

I read “when do I kill them” and did some firing up myself. Again, for that I am sorry.

I do like the Emu themed restaurant and hopefully without Emu on the menu BUT as N F C has rightly mentioned, you should do what is best for your future.

As I have mentioned though, if you were able to have a couple of Emu available for petting, that could definitely be a good draw card for customers.

I wish you all the best!

Ok I agree with all of you that they are amazing creatures and I love them and I am sorry I did not mean to offend any of you. So how about this I will do the emu theme like telia said and I will only have unfertilized eggs on the menu so I still have emu on the menu and and they do not die plz give feed back on my idea

I don't want you to think you offended me. Sorry, I just kinda get defensive about animals lol. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just a saying to think long and hard about what that actually looks like and how many animals you would have to kill to keep it going.
And I think the idea you just said is a very nice idea. :)

It's just about what's right for the individual person. I love emu meat and my little Daryl that I'm raising now might be dinner some day. I've read that emu should be slaughtered between 12 months and 18 months. If you do a little research you will find that slaughtering at certain ages will yield a better percent of meat or oil. I think if u slaughter closer to 12 months there is a higher fat% (for oil) versus 18 months for more muscle/meat

Last edited:
I would advise you not to say that "there's nothing wrong with slaughtering an emu (or any animal for that matter) " because that's an opinion and could offend people. It would probably be better to say "I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with slaughtering animals" because a lot of people (including myself) think that raising an animal, and then killing it is wrong, and it's okay for you to have your opinion, but just try not to make it sound like a fact. I personally think that the unnecessary slaughter of any animal is wrong, but we all have our own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom