how to start a emu resturant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, very interesting.

They may have perfect, straight, white teeth but other studies show that "mortality from ischaemic heart disease among the Inuit is high and in addition, it was found that bone health among the Inuit was quite bad.  Aging bone loss, which occurs in many populations has an earlier onset and greater intensity in the Eskimos.  Nutrition factors of high protein, high nitrogen, high phosphorus and low calcium intakes may be implicated"

Modern day Inuits suffer greatly from the inclusion of prepackaged convenience food, heart disease among them. Before they switched to the inclusion of white flour and sugar, they were nearly disease free. For instance, traditionally the hunter would consume the intestines very soon after harvest, including the contents therein, fulfilling some of the fermented vegetable requirements in this way. They did not suffer heart disease before contact with modern man.
Oftentimes they ate bones of the animals they hunted, so traditionally they never suffered from lack of calcium while following the old ways. Organs and fat and blubber, bone marrow, and brains were prized over muscle meat, which was fed to the dogs.

Last edited:
Excerpt from this site: http://meatyourfuture.com/2015/09/herbivores-carnivores/ Interesting reading .... [COLOR=222222]“Although most of us conduct our lives as omnivores, in that we eat flesh as well as vegetables and fruits, human beings have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores. The appendages of carnivores are claws; those of herbivores are hands or hooves. The teeth of carnivores are sharp; those of herbivores are mainly flat (for grinding). The intestinal tract of carnivores is short (3 times body length); that of herbivores, long (12 times body length). Body cooling of carnivores is done by panting; herbivores, by sweating. Carnivores drink fluids by lapping; herbivores, by sipping. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C, whereas herbivores obtain it from their diet. Thus, humans have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores.”[/COLOR]
Further excerpt: The last thing I want to point out is actually a very sad thing. A characteristic that is unique to herbivores and not in carnivores, and it’s a problem in humans. It’s something that Dr. Roberts pointed out as well:
“Atherosclerosis affects only herbivores. Dogs, cats, tigers, and lions can be saturated with fat and cholesterol, and atherosclerotic plaques do not develop.”
That’s right. Carnivores and omnivores — animals who are designed to eat other animals — can eat all the animals and animal products they want and they never develop atherosclerosis, which are plaques of cholesterol coating our vessels that can occlude the blood flow that goes to our heart and brain [and] cause heart attacks and strokes.
Cholesterol in our diet is only present in animal products, and we don’t need to consume any of it because our body synthesizes already all of the cholesterol that we need for all of our biologic needs. Animals that are not designed to eat meat, like herbivores including humans, do develop atherosclerosis. We do develop this problematic coating of cholesterol in our arteries, and we do it big time. Atherosclerosis is ubiquitous on a Western diet with animal products since very early in our lives.
We really do end up paying a price for behaving like omnivores, when we are biologically designed as herbivores. Thank you very much.
There are some fallacies here, specifically that carnivores never suffer from heart disease. Dogs can suffer from heart disease when placed on vegetarian diets. High cholesterol diets do not equate to blood serum levels in the same way that is stated. Dietary cholesterol has recently been exonerated even in mainstream dietary circles, allowing people to consume all the egg yolks they want now. Refined sugar and simple white starches like white flour and white rice, stripped of their healthful components for ease of storage, overwork the body, forcing a conversion of blood sugar to body fat in order to reduce sugar levels. These things end up causing plaques and films, being converted to body fat and shunted away to preserve the body. Dietary cholesterol does not increase heart disease, unless the animal was sick, the meat was contaminated with extenders or preservatives, or the animal was feedlotted. Dietary cholesterol is a large building block of the brain, as the mylin sheaths covering every neuron us coated in it. It is an insulator, much like the covering of electrical wires, and helps keep the brain healthy and prevent degenerative brain diseases. Here is something that favors vegetarians over the normies who eat the Standard American Diet, or the SAD diet( lol) . Vegetarian diets tend to be more picky about where they get their food, and typically are more inclusive of whole grains and legumes and fresh vegetables and fruits. The SAD diet is just that: sad. Convenience foods, quantity over quality, everything low fat because it is supposed to be healthy. Low fat milk with powdered milk added for flavor, and sugar added to nearly any premade food on the shelf, along with soy. My husband has IBS due to dietary deficiency as a child and subsequent appendicitis, where he lost the ability to digest soy or dairy. The vegetarian is more likely to question their food than the average person, and can be rewarded for it. This does not mean that we cannot do better, by including carefully selected, well cared for animal products into our diets too, although some people can get on fine with eggs and raw dairy meeting those needs.

Last edited:
I understand I'm one of the most sarcastic people ever, but if someone is saying they're against something morally, don't make jokes that could upset them, I'm not mad but it seems you think that all we eat is tofu (which I HATE) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs and milk and burritos lol and maybe some" chicken" at the Chinese restraunt which I'm pretty sure is actually cat, and I think you think I'm a vegetation, but it's kind of different than that, I try to eat as many non-meat products as I can, and sometimes if I'm at the mall or something like that, I don't have an option but to get some meat, but I would never make myself a meat-based meal more than 10 times a month
And I know I said I only eat meat once a month but if we're being honest here, I eat more than that, but I still don't think slaughtering animals is right but I guess its easier to slip up when it looks so good, but that doesn't make it right in my opinion. I'm all about decreasing the amount of meat I eat, for the sake of animals everywhere, but I do know that it is nevecary to have some population control for animals lol

Here's what I can't understand. You have said many times that you think it's morally wrong to kill an animal and eat it. Yet you freely admit to eating meat twice per week or more (10 times per month). You're insinuating that we are morally corrupt when you do the same thing. Whether you eat meat a few times a month or for every meal you're still eating meat.

Last edited:
When I say I think factory farming is morally wrong I mean it. I don't eat any meat that has been factory farmed. Period. Even at my relatives for parties or when I'm out and about. I don't eat general Tao's chicken at the Chinese kiosk at the mall. I don't eat steak at Texas road house. Why, because they are factory farmed meats. I would rather be hungry that eat an animal raised in a CAFO. If I said I thought it was morally wrong to eat feed lot animals or chicken house chickens or battery caged chicken eggs, and then I ate them, even 10 times per month, I would be a hypocrite.

When I say I think factory farming is morally wrong I mean it. I don't eat any meat that has been factory farmed. Period. Even at my relatives for parties or when I'm out and about. I don't eat general Tao's chicken at the Chinese kiosk at the mall. I don't eat steak at Texas road house. Why, because they are factory farmed meats. I would rather be hungry that eat an animal raised in a CAFO. If I said I thought it was morally wrong to eat feed lot animals or chicken house chickens or battery caged chicken eggs, and then I ate them, even 10 times per month, I would be a hypocrite.

People say lying is wrong, and it is, but everyone lies every once in a while, even on purpose

People say lying is wrong, and it is, but everyone lies every once in a while, even on purpose

I'm not the one who said eating meat is morally wrong. I could care less what other people choose to eat. I'm just saying don't tell people raising and slaughtering their own meat is wrong when you basically do the same thing. You don't cull the animal yourself but you eat animals other people have culled.

Last edited:
Here's what I can't understand. You have said many times that you think it's morally wrong to kill an animal and eat it. Yet you freely admit to eating meat twice per week or more (10 times per month). You're insinuating that we are morally corrupt when you do the same thing. Whether you eat meat a few times a month or for every meal you're still eating meat. Worse yet, you eat store bought meat that has been factory farmed. How are you any better?

I cannot afford to get fresh meat, or live a vegetarian lifestyle, but I try as hard I can with the money that I have, I can't afford to eat 100% vegetarian, so I don't, if I could I would, I think that killing is wrong, so I try as hard as I can not to eat meat, and maybe one day, if I have enough money, I will eat 100% vegetarian, if I had the money, and I said it was wrong, and still ate it, I would be a hypocrite, I went from eating meat on a daily basis, to eating as little as I can, as I said if I'm at the mall, I will sometimes get the "chicken" from the Chinese restraunt, and yes it does taste good, but knowing that I don't have a choice but to eat fast food and cheap food, I feel bad, but it's the best I can do. I do put my financial needs above one animal every once in a while, but if I don't have to, I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom