Guide How to start a new thread

I'm having a terrible time with the new web site. I do not see that link for starting a new thead. I'm in the forums looking for a link and don't see it. Do you have to enter an already started forum? I see a reply link. sigh.

Last edited:
Hello.
I'm assuming that my feral / stray hen is quite young b/c she started to lay 11 eggs straight daily & she always leaves the nest within 45 mins to an hour everyday however on this 12th day after laying just 1 egg she laid on her egg & nest for like almost 3/4 hours!!!! The only reason i took her in was b/c i have a lonely roo whom after 5 years alone look sad & depressed even tho he is well fed & well taken care of by me so i thought i take her in on one condition & one condition only & that is NO BABY CHICKS!!! So far she's been laying every 11 beautiful perfectly round shaped eggs which i collect them as soon as she lays them to assure NO CHICKS... I don't have a nest box for her since she is feral so she has found a nesting area behind a tin roof that is leaning against our fence & so far she's been laying her daily eggs there now and leaving her nest an hour later after laying but 2 day was strange & different after laying just 1 egg she refused to leave her nest for like 3 hours just sat on that 1 egg....I must mention that adjacent to her nesting area there is construction going on alot of hammering & pounding going on very loud b/c there are in the process of building a house so very loud noises going on & since she is feral she gets spooked easily even with me, I can get near her she will make a bee line & run from me & she'll run to my roo for protection!! So my question is could she be brooding that one egg? Omg please say it ain't so or could it be that she refuses to come out b/c of all that contruction, hammering, & pounding going on all at the same time...I got concerned so i went to her nesting area & stuck my hand in her nesting area & she SQUAWKED & RAN out & i retrieved that one egg..But my real concern is since i did disturbed her & got her off her nest will she continue to lay there??? I'm hoping she still does coz it would be a nightmare if she starts nesting & laying somewhere where i don't have access to her eggs!!! Please if anyone can answer the question i would appreciate it!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!

I'm having a terrible time with the new web site. I do not see that link for starting a new thead. I'm in the forums looking for a link and don't see it. Do you have to enter an already started forum? I see a reply link. sigh.
You have to click on the forum of choice - "Managing your flock", for example. There's a box at the top right "post new thread" - click on that and you should be sorted.

Last edited:

Just to be clear, you should be able to reply to any existing thread or start a brand new thread... for example, click here to start a new thread in the Managing Your Flock section:
upload_2017-8-6_16-59-35.png

Back
Top Bottom