How to tame

Jan 23, 2022
Nrh Tx
I am wondering how to tame my bantam buff cochin hen (she loves my bedroom by my little fountain) i also want to improve her qualuty and make her like me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 5
Anything else because i dont want to ruin the diet i will still use dietary treats but anything else??
Small amounts of treats (under 10% of total diet) should be fine. It really doesn't take much for chickens to associate you with food and come running when they see you. If you feed treats they especially love (mealworms or sunflower seeds are favorites of my flock), you don't need to use tons.

My chickens' favorite treat is their regular food, wetted into a mash. No worries about it diluting their nutrition.

Try putting some of this in a small bowl in your hand, down on the floor. Let her figure it out in her own time. In other words, get comfortable, as it could take awhile. When she'll come eat out of the bowl, start moving it closer to you. Sit on the floor with the bowl in your lap. When she'll get in your lap, try sitting on a low chair.

When you try to pet her, move slowly and bring your hand in from the side. Things coming at them from above is scary. It could be a hawk coming down from the sky...

Back
Top Bottom