Chick doesn’t like me

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
I’ve had my silkie chick for awhile now and I adopted her when she was older. Her sister loves me and follows me around but her on the other hand is so terrified of me. She’ll run away when I walk around and freaks out when I try to pick her up. She still hasn’t his chicken puberty yet so I know there’s time to tame her. I pick her up everyday for two months now and there’s been no improvement! Does anyone have any tips for taming her? It’s weird because when I do carry her she loves to be pet and loves to lay on me. I just don’t understand why she’s so scared of everything else!

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 14
It's because you're picking her up, in her eyes, youre you coming down from above to snatch her up like a hawk. It's instinct.
Sitting on the ground and letting her comb to you is best.
Puberty doesn't lock in be behavior either, so don't worry about that.
Are you sure they're both female?
My mistake I didn’t see this for some reason I never got a notification!! I usually always pick my chickens from the ground by crouching down and scooping them up and her sister doesn’t mind being picked up at all. Her breeder said she was “ 80% sure they’re females “ which is a bit silly so I’m not completely sure they’re females either. Do you think sitting on the ground daily and feeding them by hand would help any?

My mistake I didn’t see this for some reason I never got a notification!! I usually always pick my chickens from the ground by crouching down and scooping them up and her sister doesn’t mind being picked up at all. Her breeder said she was “ 80% sure they’re females “ which is a bit silly so I’m not completely sure they’re females either. Do you think sitting on the ground daily and feeding them by hand would help any?
It should, but uou don't need to feed them by hand, just let them feed around you. :]

Back
Top Bottom