How to tell difference between midnight majesty and black copper marans

Zebra333

Hatching
Apr 9, 2019
hi so I had ordered 5 bcm from Hoover’s and 2 midnight majesty marans. So 7 black chicks basically. 2 turned out to be roosters, one died, one turned out to be a cuckoo maran, and 3 are hens but I’m not sure which are the bcm and which are the midnight marans of rhe 3 left. Anyone else have midnight majesty? Can you tell them apart from the bcm? Mine all look the same.

hi so I had ordered 5 bcm from Hoover’s and 2 midnight majesty marans. So 7 black chicks basically. 2 turned out to be roosters, one died, one turned out to be a cuckoo maran, and 3 are hens but I’m not sure which are the bcm and which are the midnight marans of rhe 3 left. Anyone else have midnight majesty? Can you tell them apart from the bcm? Mine all look the same.
I know this was a while ago, but I was wondering if you ever figured out the difference? Also, if you could possibly post pictures?

I'm having this same dilemma right now! I have 3 black marans that I can't figure out if they are bcms or Midnight Majesties. One of which is definitely a cockerel (5 weeks).

I only had the midnight majesty marans, but among them, there is a variation of the copper on their hackles. Only 1 of them had a lot of copper, the rest were solid black. Is the "definite" cockerel just because of barring? I got a true, barred rock pullet mixed in with my MMM pullets from Cal-Ranch (they use hoover's). The real MMM cockerel will tower over the pullets long before he crows or causes any trouble.

I only had the midnight majesty marans, but among them, there is a variation of the copper on their hackles. Only 1 of them had a lot of copper, the rest were solid black. Is the "definite" cockerel just because of barring? I got a true, barred rock pullet mixed in with my MMM pullets from Cal-Ranch (they use hoover's). The real MMM cockerel will tower over the pullets long before he crows or causes any trouble.
It’s a best guess thing .

Attachments

• IMG_6844.jpeg
    IMG_6844.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom