How to tell if a duck laied an egg?

I just got my first duck egg, I have two females. I would like to know who laied it, and pull them to the side and give them more calcium. The ducks are pekin drake X khaki Campbell hen. Any ideas?
I'm curious as to why you would want to pull the layer aside for calcium. I offer oyster shell freely for my whole flock, ducks and chickens. They will take what they need.

I'm curious as to why you would want to pull the layer aside for calcium. I offer oyster shell freely for my whole flock, ducks and chickens. They will take what they need.
I had some pullets who where not laying eat mainly oyster shells instead of feed. they were 16 weeks old. No signs of a laying pullet. Thankfully I was able to pull them aside in time. I just want to be safe with them.

I had some pullets who where not laying eat mainly oyster shells instead of feed. they were 16 weeks old. No signs of a laying pullet. Thankfully I was able to pull them aside in time. I just want to be safe with them.
They were full on eating the oyster shells. IDK if they did not like their feed? Or what. But I will try to leave out oyster shells for them.

This article by @aart explains how to do it:
Who is Laying.....and Who is Not? Butt Check!

Who is Laying.....and Who is Not? Butt Check!

I've typed this out many times in the past few days, so decided to put it in an article so I can link it in responses. Got pullets newly laying and not sure who is laying and who is not? This also applies to older birds. Under the tail will tell the true tale, so part those fluffy feathers and...
This article is about chickens, no sure if and how it would apply to ducks.

Back
Top Bottom