How to tell if eggs are internal pepping and after the eggs start rocking how long till hatch

paws4440

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
I have eggs with ducklings in them I'm just wondering how to tell with candling when they are internal peeping and after rocking how long till hatch

I have eggs with ducklings in them I'm just wondering how to tell with candling when they are internal peeping and after rocking how long till hatch
An internal pip shows up as a shadow in the air cell when candled, (though we aren't "supposed" to be candling at the time they are supposed to be pipping.) There is no telling when or how long it will take to hatch. Chicks/ducks can be seen wiggling at different times for different eggs. I don't generally see much in the area of wiggling eggs. Usually a chick/duck will externally pip within/around 24 hours after the internal pip then after the external pip it can takes another 12-24 hours before they zip. It is actually a very long process over the average.

Last edited:
I know this is a really dumb question but the air cell is the air sack right sorry this is my first time hatching eggs

Back
Top Bottom