How to tell male or female. UPDATE with pics.

Mine are great "friends".
big_smile.png
Mine talk to me all the time and always want my attention. Mine aren't loud either. The only time they are loud is when the neighbors dog comes in the yard. The male goes crazy and scares the dog away.
tongue.png

They are also really great with my kids and their friends. I didn't know if it was just because mine were held a ton when they were just small and they got used to kids.
Honestly if I knew how much I would fall in love with them I would have paid $20 each.
love.gif
Bleenie you don't have to start a new thread. I would love to hear about other's geese.

Pilgrims are one of the most wonderful goose breeds. Calm, friendly, quiet, and overall just docile birds. They are on the small side of medium, are good foragers and great parents.

On another note, I am very certain the OP's female is 100% pilgrim, not a cross.

Thank you guys for the info about their temperments. how are they when it comes to mating season and brooding? do they lay small or large clutches? you said they were great parents and that's always a plus
smile.png

I am waiting to hear back from the person that has them fro sale. they are only about 20 minutes from me. hopefulyl they're friendly, used to people, other animals and will bond easily with my younger two.

I think that you have pilgrims! My Embden male is a lot more mean than my female and is also a lot bigger so that might be a way that you can tell!

Looks like the male is 100%, too. I just mean to say that someone mentioned they had a cross with a darker beak; your pilgrim female displays, in my opinion, what is a pretty common coloration of the beak due to dark coloring as a baby. Which is probably good; darker pilgrim females are always desirable, as babies as well, because they are supposed to be easily distinguishable as babies and adults. The darker, the better. The male looks totally pilgrim; the dark on his feathers is not totally desirable but I bet you by his next molt, he will be mostly white.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey now watch it..
tongue.png
the dark on his feathers is totally desirable to ME.
wink.png
No, I know what you are saying though. Could you tell me how old they are when they molt?

Back
Top Bottom