How to to dose topical ivomec for chickens?

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
Hey all, I bought some topical ivomec for the chickens awhile back ago but I've been holding off on using it because I'm not entirely sure how to dose it. It's 5mg per mL. There's no way for me to accurately measure the dosages so approximately how many drops from a standard sized eyedropper would I need for each bird? Most of my chickens are large breeds (think Orpington and Brahma size) and a couple of them are smaller (not bantams but they're on the small side of standard fowl).

1 drop per lb of bodyweight if your dropper drops the correct size drop. Some droppers will drop a big drop.

To test, drop 20 drops and see if it equals 1 ml, or 100 drops equals 5 ml, or so fort. If it does then that should be correct. Make sure you weigh each chicken.

1 drop per lb of bodyweight if your dropper drops the correct size drop. Some droppers will drop a big drop.

To test, drop 20 drops and see if it equals 1 ml, or 100 drops equals 5 ml, or so fort. If it does then that should be correct. Make sure you weigh each chicken.
Alright, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom