How to Treat Scaly Leg Mites

He also said that the scales regenerate by themselves and that it will take some time for them to regrow.
So no more details than what we already knew.....thanks for trying.
Did they give a time frame for regeneration,
both after damage and normal shedding/regrowth?

So no more details than what we already knew.....thanks for trying.
Did they give a time frame for regeneration,
both after damage and normal shedding/regrowth?
Sorry no other details or time frame was given.
He did say to apply an acaricide to the affected birds legs and to contact your local county extension office to ask which type of acaricide they recommend.

Sorry no other details or time frame was given.
He did say to apply an acaricide to the affected birds legs and to contact your local county extension office to ask which type of acaricide they recommend.
That's OK...I'm always asking too many questions :oops:
They didn't think the vaseline would work?

I applied Nustock to a rooster with some particularly bad legs one week ago. He'll get another coat tonight. I couldn't believe the difference a day made, although I attributed it to the moisture of the Nustock rather than an instant cure type of job.

I wish I'd have taken before pictures. But, I can get a good idea on how long it takes for new scales to grow in. I'll try to remember to repost when that starts/happens.

On the subject of mites: I used spinosad on my chickens, thank to very sage advice I received from Azygous. I'll never use anything else if I have another outbreak (unless it didn't work, of course). Nustock and spinosad are fairly spendy products, but ease of use and speed (spinosad - one and done) of treating 100+ chickens was well worth it for me. No egg withdrawal helped.

Back
Top Bottom