Guide How to turn on and off EMAIL notifications

I only use my computer.

I have worked with yahoo to make sure my email is working appropriately.

I have had the same problem since working with yahoo.

So far I've been able to get back to BYC and participate.
I am updating the first post of this thread now. I am going to post the updated links right here in a new message for you too.

The first update is this:

Go here and read all of these boxes. This is a picture for my account and I only receive emails when somebody tags / mentions me in a post. So my boxes are checked/unchecked to only received this one type of email.

Click here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/account-details

Screenshot_20220710-085638.png

Let me know when you have finished doing this part and I will move on to the next.

@Kiki

I logged out.

I went total out and brought BYC up and logged in, everything stayed the same.

Did not have to change it.

I was able to pull up my profile and I had access to every part of my profile.

I could not access most of it before.

I feel like I'm on the trail.

The edit signature box ----- is this the area where you have the quotes, article names you've written, and etc.

Thanks for talking with me!!

I've looked everywhere and my settings seem to be correct but I'm not getting an email when someone 'mentions - @...' me in a post. What could I be missing?
I only see an option to receive an ALERT for when some one mentions (@tags) you.
I'm not seeing an option to set an email notification for that.

Ok, we had it with the old forum. Originally I was getting all kinds of email notifications. I apparently turned them all off because I don't get any email notifications at all now and am needing one for when someone mentions me.

Regardless of the devices you are using to access BYC you all have an "ACCOUNT" section.
In the account section you will need to located 6 different areas. (It's only 6 not 100 ;))
I will list the 6 areas here first then attach pictures of what these areas look like using Safari on a desktop computer. There may be one or five boxes relating to emails in each section, so please make sure you READ every line item in each section.
1. Contact Details
2. Privacy
3. Preferences
4. Alert Preferences
5. Subscribe Newsletter
6. Trading Preferences

View attachment 555958View attachment 555959 View attachment 555960 View attachment 555961 View attachment 555962

View attachment 555963
While viewing your watched threads list you can turn off email notifications too
See how here:
View attachment 1108131 View attachment 1108132 View attachment 1108134

I guess I'm just a confused old lady that is internet deficient.

@Kiki I tried to access the six areas you listed and it would only let me in to Privacy and Preferences.

I really need some holding hands and working through this problem.

Let's start simple... Are you on a computer, phone or tablet?
I'm thinking I can try to make a video to show you exactly where to go but I would like to know which device you're using first.

I only use my computer.

I have worked with yahoo to make sure my email is working appropriately.

I have had the same problem since working with yahoo.

So far I've been able to get back to BYC and participate.

Back
Top Bottom