How to unsubscribe from a private group

Kalsti

Songster
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Is there a process for unsubscribing to a private group noted somewhere? Does the moderator do this or do the individual group members do this?

Is there a process for unsubscribing to a private group noted somewhere? Does the moderator do this or do the individual group members do this?

Private group? I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was a moderator for five years here and I never heard of a "private" group on BYC. You can unsubscribe to any thread you are subscribed to at the top of the thread. Everyone has that option. Or you can go to the space under the Private Message banner where it has a gold star and the word "Subscriptions" and do it from there.

Last edited:
All I am trying to do is to unsubscribe from a group forum. Usually there is an "Unsubscribe" option somewhere. I need to know where to find that.
Thanks~

All I am trying to do is to unsubscribe from a group forum. Usually there is an "Unsubscribe" option somewhere. I need to know where to find that.
Thanks~

I guess the term "forum" is confusing me. This entire discussion board is a forum. Every thread has an Unsubscribe option at the top left under the title of the thread. Every section has a gold star at the top right in the blue banner, for example, Chicken Breeds as a general section has several different subsections, but has a star, an orange feed symbol and a negative (collapse section) symbol in its blue banner. I find unsubscribe option on every thread and every section of the forum. There are no private groups and as far as I know, every member can subscribe and unsubscribe from every section and subsection of the forum.

Last edited:
I do not want to unsubscribe from BC~ just a particular group forum. (The issue is not whether or not it is a private group--- it is a group of like-minded folks who are focused on an issue. The issue is how to unsubscribe from this particular group forum.....

Kalsti- look on the right top of your page here....and click on "subscriptions".

Then-it will take you to your subscriptions page.

Go to -Edit subscriptions.

"x" on right side of your list..."remove"

Click on the "x".

Hope that is the right info.

Thanks~

Hi. Go to your profile. Go down to the list of your subscriptions. Hover mouse over one and a little X should show up. Click on the X. That should do it.

I think she's talking about unsubscribing from a private message group conversation, which I don't actually know how to do. :/

Are you talking about un subscribing from threads? Are you getting too many subscription notices?

Open your profile and click on Edit Account Details. Scroll down the page till you come to Default Subscription Frequency. In the drop down window click on Don't Subscribe. This will turn off all subscriptions. Hope this helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom