How to wing ducks from heat lamp? Need help

Kazjia

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
Covington, wa
I bought 2 magpie ducks and they have stayed in the house for the past three months with a heat lamp. I finally moved them to the shed but they won't sleep without the light. Is this normal? They stayed up all night quacking and slept all day. I put the light back in the shed they sleep all night long. Does it hurt them? Please advise

I have 5 chicks in my house at the moment they had red heat lamp up until last Thursday when I turned off the heat and turned out the lights all but a night light for one night bless their hearts they did not like being in the dark but after peeping loudly for about 10 mins settled down to sleep. They will be moving out to the coop end of this week and will be in darkness at night so wanted to get them use to this before hand.

I tried the night light last night after 3 hours of them quaking I gave them the heat lamp and they slept. I just have spoiled ducks. I think ill try the taper idea, go without the light for thirty min then next night an hour and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom