How u feed your chickens?

What do u feed your chickens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine get two red Solo cups of the cheapest feed I can buy in the morning, then they free range all day. Supplement with whatever scraps I have: old bread, fish carcasses, maybe a corn dog now and then, whatever. I have a multigenerational flock with good production so I can't complain. Oh and I bake and crush up old eggshells for the hens to pick at for calcium.

Pizza, french fries and stale beer in the waterer....

Actually, full access 19% protein all flock feed, with oyster shells on the side for the hens. Weeds for snacks, maybe an apple now and then or a little leftover meat, and free range for a couple hours in the evening.

Layer crumble, offered all the time. Small amounts of chick starter to boost protein if they seem like they need it. Seed mix (currently millet, black oil sunflower, and crimped oat, soaked for 24 hours before feeding). Fruit and veggie scraps, meat scraps as well if I can feed them early enough that they will get finished before dark. I usually give an extra treat a few times a week (watermelon in summer, boiled or scrambled egg, a small handful or two of mealworms, etc).

Back
Top Bottom