how u give the button quail chick starter feed? URGENT!!!

btw its not that i dont feed them, it just they step on there food and walk over it , and doesnt seem like " food " to them

Honestly, I don't think you actually have an issue. If they're not peeping at the top of their lungs, then chances are, they're not starving, and are actually eating. When you're around, they probably won't eat anyways.

Place Ground Up Gamebird Starter, Or Mash, In A Shallow Container--- Jar Lids Work Nicely.... Put It In The Brooder With Them And Place A Nice Shiney Dime On Top Of The Food In The Container. Then Leave Them Be...... They'll Eat.

I just run some turkey starter through a coffee grinder, until its fine and kinda powdery and I haven't had any trouble with even the newest hatching buttons to start eatting it. I just sprinkle it all around on the paper towel on the bottom of the cage, or on an artifical fern leaf. I just make sure its lightly sprinkled in several different areas around the cage and they seem to find it just fine.
wink.png

And newly hatched buttons should have a water lid with some rocks in it so they don't drown, they sometimes fall asleep anywhere. Even with their little butts up in the air and their heads on the ground. Oh so cute....

I use a ziplock plastic bag and a rolling pin to break up the gamebird starter that I feed my baby buttons. I keep them on white paper towels and sprinkle some of the food around. When they see it falling, they run over and check it out and starting eating. You can also move some of the food around with the shiny metal tip of a ball point pen to get their attention on the bits of food, or even moving the food around with your fingernail. I have not had a problem with baby buttons eating within a short time after hatching.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom