how u give the button quail chick starter feed? URGENT!!!

Quote:
A BRIGHT SPARKLY WONDEROUS THING TO ATTRACT THEIR ATTENTION..... THEY WILL PECK AT IT, MISS AND GET FOOD IN THEIR MOUTHS--- A FEW DAYS OF THIS AND THEY'LL EAT THE FOOD OUT FROM UNDER THAT DIME SO FAST IT'LL BE FLOATING IN AIR FOR A FEW MINUTES BEFORE IT FALLS TO THE BOTTOM OF THAT EMPTY CONTAINER
smile.png

nvm they ate
big_smile.png

and poop so much -_-
but the runt is soo tiny + not fully fur like the other button quail

I run the starter crumbles through a grinder and then put it in little piles right on the brooder floor to start. Good to initially have it where they can't miss find it...

Started to get my first eggs, I still have them on game bird starter feed. They are 8 weeks old, do I switch over to a chicken layer feed at this time, or is there a game bird layer feed?

Quote:
THEY ARE GAMEBIRDS, NOT CHICKENS--- THEY CAN STAY ON THE STARTER FOR LIFE AND WILL DO GREAT. OR YOU CAN SWITCH THEM TO GAMEBIRD MAINTENANCE/ LAYER FEED--- I FEED ONLY PURINA STARTRENA 30% STARTER THROUGHOUT THEIR WHOLE LIVES AND THEY THRIVE ON IT!

Quote:
I get a cuttle bone from the pet store, and slide it in for mine, it'll take them a day ro two to figure it out, but for $2/month per cage it's cheap enough to do, and easier than keeping them from pooping in oyster shell.

Quote:
There are enough small pieces and dust for them to eat,you don't have to do nothing to their feed.They grow so fast before you know it the dish will be empty.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom