How Water-Loving are Mallards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muscovy are genus cairina which is classification of duck (meat) where mallards are anas also known as dabbling ducks.

My Muscovies spend time in the water, but not near as much time as my mallard derived. I don't notice a difference between my mallard derived breeds as they tend to all stick together. 4 breeds 24 birds:No actual mallards.

They’re not technically ducks
What are they then? Genuinely asking cause I’ve seen a lot of conflicting stuff. That’s including several that did call them ducks even sciencey pages and even labeled them the biggest duck in North America. And then the one I found that didn’t said that they had traits from like 4 different species.

It said they roost like a chicken, have a breast like a turkey, body like a duck, and hiss/behave like a goose. But it didn’t say WHAT they were. Just the “not technically” thing and listed like 4 species.

Also there were a ton of spelling errors on the page even though it was supposedly a college/educational website so idk that I really buy that. But that’s the only page I’ve seen that said maybe no.

It seems to me like it is still quite hotly debated and they are not really sure one way or the other ???? Unless I am missing something. Which, btw, I’m genuinely curious about this and not trying to argue or anything but I’m just curious where y’all got this from cause I have been trying to find it and cannot AT ALL 😭😭

But regardless, I wasn’t trying to start a big scientific debate or whatever hahah I was just saying some ducks or waterfowl or whatever don’t necessarily love water. Which, regardless of whether they’re ducks or not, still technically stands because you did emphasize the water part of waterfowl hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom