How would you "butter someone up" about purchasing some of their land

Quote:
Exactly. Unless the easement that was in place to begin with wasn't used for several years and the property owners asked to have the easement revoked then it's still good. You can't block it with a gate w/o giving a key to the owner of the property that has the easement.

Ever heard of a pig in a poke? this was phrased from bad land deals. I would not waste your time on this person but find property make offer and move on. It is a buyers market right now.
Quote:
Exactly. Unless the easement that was in place to begin with wasn't used for several years and the property owners asked to have the easement revoked then it's still good. You can't block it with a gate w/o giving a key to the owner of the property that has the easement.

Sarah...I think you need to stop this unnatural attraction to funky lots....no water, no access, whatever.
wink.png

But seriously, its not a bargain if it is going to cost you thousands for a well or for a road, or for a new septic, or whatever large piece of the puzzle that is missing. Look for lots that are not missing basics, and fill in the rest as you go.

Go to an Attorney and pay him for one visit, ask him all your questions, then approach the landowner. I know in my State, this would not drag on in court, it would be handled fast and you would have to pay fair market value for a R-O-W. No court is going to force the lady to sell you some land, but they will force her to grant you a Right-of-Way so you can access your property.

BTW, do your homework before you pick your Attorney, you don't want a criminal Attorney or an ambulance chaser, you need an experienced Real Estate attorney.

Good Luck

I would avoid it even WITH an easement.People can make your life difficult even if you have a right to travel through their land to your home. Make an offer to buy some land, and if they refuse keep on looking for a new property.Don't buy a house from hell with NFH to boot.

Back
Top Bottom