How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Here is a study I found on PubMed re: apple pectin binding/removing ingested radionuclides.

Abstract: Seventeen years after the nuclear power accident at Chernobyl, most of the radio-contamination among the population of Southern Belarus is caused by incorporation of long-lived radioisotopes. The varying levels of 137Cs observed among children in this area are explained by the source of their food, especially by the consumption of contaminated milk produced privately. We stratified children from rural areas of Belarus (cesium [137Cs] contamination >5 Ci/km(2)) by their 137Cs loads into three distinct groups (group 1, <5 Bq/kg body weight [BW]; group 2, 38.4 +/- 2.4 Bq/kg BW; group 3, 122 +/- 18.5 Bq/kg BW). We determined the relationship between the 137Cs load and the children's main source of food and recorded their cardiovascular symptoms. Cardiovascular symptoms, ECG alterations, and arterial hypertension were significantly more frequent in children with high 137Cs burden than in children with very low 137Cs burden. Children with moderate and high 137Cs loads (groups 2 and 3) received apple pectin, a food additive, for 16 days. Apple pectin significantly decreased 137Cs loads in these groups (39% and 28%, respectively). ECG alterations improved, while cardiovascular symptoms and hypertension did not change in any group.

Here are some of the recommended pectin dosages posted on the NIH:

A dose of 36 mg/day, the equivalent of 515 milligrams per kilogram of body weight per day for 6 weeks in humans was observed without adverse affects. Some physicians suggest that pectin or modified pectin has been used in clinical studies in doses of 10 to 20 mg for very long periods. Others show that dosing ranges from 10-60mg per day is safe and effective. One thing to keep in mind is that pectin is a binder and it WILL literally bind you up, so you need a way to move waste along whether it is drinking tons of fluids, or taking something that softens stool....still haven't found any info on pectin for animals:confused:

honestly I get this! my ducks arent a food source, to me, theyre just as much family as my dogs are. Perhaps even more so. First thing I think when a storm comes, is to go outside and put them somewhere safe. Actually I dont think, I just do, instantly. And I'd do that no matter what happens, even if others thought it ridiculous. In a disaster like this, I'd put the ducks in the house, in the spare room, with a ton of food and water. That would be my actions if a disaster happened here, its the best I could do. Though we rarely get anything terrible (weather wise).
Yup, my routine involves being aware of weather, what's coming & from what direction, yes it's essential for planning work (no running a tile saw with lightning forecast) but the Main reason is for my flock & preparing for their days & nights, no rain will be blown into coop, no frostbite, always plenty of fresh water to drink, etc. It's just common sense really, but folks without acreage & feathered, furry or hooved family members never seem to understand why I "revolve my life" around them & they think I am obsessed with weather. (Well after 2 tornadoes in my yard...who Wouldn't watch weather!?)

Whatever. 9 times outta 10, I'd rather be home, even to be scooping poop, than be anywhere else, anyway. It's not like I've never been out & about, I have traveled 26 states & 5 countries & was on the road 500 miles weekly for work in my 20s & 30s...whenever I was away, I couldn't wait to get back home. Home is truly where my heart is, & where those I hold dear to my heart are.

Amen to that.... this life is just a vapor compared to eternity....we are just passing through to get to our final destination
"Yes this is a test, it's only a test...if this had been an actual life..."
Lol sorry I know, odd humor 😅 sometimes the goofiest sayings just pop into my head

"Yes this is a test, it's only a test...if this had been an actual life..."
Lol sorry I know, odd humor 😅 sometimes the goofiest sayings just pop into my head
I get your humor and appreciate it...it is based on the foundation of truth

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers (and sisters), when you are involved in various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But you must let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

Last edited:
I get your humor and appreciate it...it is based on the foundation if truth

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers (and sisters), when you are involved in various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But you must let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
It occurred to me as a child that our soul could have been born into any body, could've been anybody, living anywhere, it's just a role we play, for awhile, just a body we hang out in, for now. I think that who ever I might've been, though, I'd have still loved birds & found joy, knowledge & humor on this site. ❤️ 🐔 🤣

Yup, my routine involves being aware of weather, what's coming & from what direction, yes it's essential for planning work (no running a tile saw with lightning forecast) but the Main reason is for my flock & preparing for their days & nights, no rain will be blown into coop, no frostbite, always plenty of fresh water to drink, etc. It's just common sense really, but folks without acreage & feathered, furry or hooved family members never seem to understand why I "revolve my life" around them & they think I am obsessed with weather. (Well after 2 tornadoes in my yard...who Wouldn't watch weather!?)

Whatever. 9 times outta 10, I'd rather be home, even to be scooping poop, than be anywhere else, anyway. It's not like I've never been out & about, I have traveled 26 states & 5 countries & was on the road 500 miles weekly for work in my 20s & 30s...whenever I was away, I couldn't wait to get back home. Home is truly where my heart is, & where those I hold dear to my heart are.
Agreed....where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
I'm trying to be a good steward with what I have been blessed with...but at the same time trying not to hold on too tight to it ....when I am away from here (which is rarely) I feel like I have left a part of me behind and can't wait to get back...at the same time I have been conditioned to lose EVERYTHING I've had of this world over and over again, a very hard, and initially, gut wrenching test ...hopefully I passed that test well enough last time that Jesus deems me worthy not to repeat it again lol...that is, until He returns and calls me home....my real home 😊

Agreed....where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
I'm trying to be a good steward with what I have been blessed with...but at the same time trying not to hold on too tight to it ....when I am away from here (which is rarely) I feel like I have left a part of me behind and can't wait to get back...at the same time I have been conditioned to lose EVERYTHING I've had of this world over and over again, a very hard, and initially, gut wrenching test ...hopefully I passed that test well enough last time that Jesus deems me worthy not to repeat it again lol...that is, until He returns and calls me home....my real home 😊
When we arrive here, we are given a body. When we leave here, the body stays. We do take all the love with us, though, all the love of our entire lives. That stays within us, and that's better than any body. When we stand before the Lord, we're not gonna be talking about the body we inhabited, we'll be talking about the love we gave & we gained throughout life's lessons. The body just made it easier to share the hugs. ❤️

It occurred to me as a child that our soul could have been born into any body, could've been anybody, living anywhere, it's just a role we play, for awhile, just a body we hang out in, for now. I think that who ever I might've been, though, I'd have still loved birds & found joy, knowledge & humor on this site. ❤️ 🐔 🤣
You are spot on with that! And everyone who’s in your circle now, was in your circle in your past life, and will be in your next life. Thats why, sometimes when you meet someone new, you immediately feel good about them- kindred spirits, you might say. Same with negative feelings. We stop ‘reincarnating’ (as some folks call it) when we’ve attained a ‘higher self’.
Class dismissed!

Back
Top Bottom