Howdy 🤠

Beezy

Songster
Nov 25, 2020
Oklahoma
Hey y'all, I'm Zoë :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Pretty new, I got my first three in October. My friends/neighbors contacted me before moving out of state, and asked if I'd like to keep their chickens. I had "chicken-sat" for them before and really liked them!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

7. All girls (I think).

(3) What breeds do you have?

Two RIRs, one barred rock, a cinnamon queen, a green queen, an EE, and a buff brahma. The last four are about 3 weeks old right now.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Honestly, I love just watching them do their chicken-y thing. Also eggs, which is a given.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Watercolor painting, mostly :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My partner and I also have a cat. She's a jerk and we love her. He works in software, I work in the interior design industry.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I can't get it to un-bold for this one, sorry! I've known about it for a few years, found through googling chicken questions. We've almost gotten chickens several times before but it never worked out for one reason or another. And then we got the first three, and the subsequent four. Also I'm running out of friends to send chicken pictures to.

Hey y'all, I'm Zoë :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Pretty new, I got my first three in October. My friends/neighbors contacted me before moving out of state, and asked if I'd like to keep their chickens. I had "chicken-sat" for them before and really liked them!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
7. All girls (I think).

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two RIRs, one barred rock, a cinnamon queen, a green queen, an EE, and a buff brahma. The last four are about 3 weeks old right now.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Honestly, I love just watching them do their chicken-y thing. Also eggs, which is a given.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Watercolor painting, mostly :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My partner and I also have a cat. She's a jerk and we love her. He works in software, I work in the interior design industry.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I can't get it to un-bold for this one, sorry! I've known about it for a few years, found through googling chicken questions. We've almost gotten chickens several times before but it never worked out for one reason or another. And then we got the first three, and the subsequent four. Also I'm running out of friends to send chicken pictures to.

Welcome to
Backyard Chickens

20201027_103847.png

Welcome!! I'm new here as well but not new to keeping chickens. Wow that's quite a variety, I'm curious if you know how or why they decided to go with so many different breeds? That's pretty cool. Do you have any breed of chicken you're looking to get one day? Also I enjoy watercolor painting too! I'm fairly new at it though, just got into it last year :)

Back
Top Bottom