Howdy Y'all

Keeperoflock

Songster
Mar 10, 2018
Central Indiana
Greetings! We are a 62 and 60 year old married couple of 45 years this year. Hubby is an Appalachian transplant and I'm a native stay-at-home Hoosier. We had an urban chicken "gathering" about 15 years ago but due to health at the time just couldn't keep them. :hmm We have a 1/2 acre homestead where we grow 2 gardens and another smaller one in an elderly neighbors yard in exchange for fresh veggies. I do a lot of canning, dehydrating and freezing. I guess you could say we are somewhat of preppers. Basically we prepare for hard times as hubbies job slows down in the winter.

Son moved to the country just recently and is starting his chicken "gathering". I have officially been bitten once again. SO, we have a new "gathering" of 3 Rhode island Reds, 3 Leghorns, and 3 Ameraucana. I, of course, am the Keeperoflock and I'm looking forward to getting back into the chicken swing of things and the fresh eggs. :clap So are my neighbors. One of our neighbors got upset with us when we had to get rid of our earlier flock (he loved hearing the rooster crow) so he is going to be pleased once again.

Nice to meet y'all! :highfive:

cocka doodle doo.gif

Greetings Keeperoflock, Welcome to BYC!
Learn from the past, prepare for the future, live in the present.
- Thomas S. Monson :frow

Welcome! Be sure to visit your state thread, and the many gardening threads. There are also some DIY threads, and some "cooking" threads. The learning center is also loaded with good information. I'm coming up on 62 myself! I have a neighbor who enjoys the crow of the rooster as well. Neighbor will often stand at the end of his driveway and crow at my rooster! I started pressure canning 2 seasons ago, am getting my feet wet with dehydration. Bought a new freezer in November, so looking forward to an other growing season!

Back
Top Bottom