hrlp! sick chicks!

amandadrewry

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 16, 2014
I have 7 week old chicks. A few days ago, I noticed one of them acting lethargic. I thought it was just sleepy at the time, I refilled the waterers & it joined the others for a drink. When I went to shut the door that night, I found it laying on its back in the coop. It was all but dead & it only lasted a short time longer. I just went out there & found another acting the same way! It just acts sleepy until you nudge it or pick it up. Doesn't resist contact at all until its picked up, then sqwaks a bit. I have no idea whats wrong or what to do. They've been free ranging some for the last couple weeks. Could it be something they've eaten? No visible signs of injury.

Get some Corid (amprollium, Ampromed, Amprol) at your feed store cattle section right away, and treat them for coccidiosis. They are at the age for cocci, and amprollium will not hurt them. Dosage is 2 tsp of liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. If any are too sick to drink it, you can syringe it to them or use a dropper.

Back
Top Bottom