Hs Anyone bought eggs from Dancinghen in Otis Oregon on eBay?

MaransGuy

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Greenfield, MA
I have had just a horrible experience and I am trying to find out how I can reach this seller. The auction ended last Friday and I paid on Sunday, expecting the eggs to be sent the first of the week. I sent a message on Monday evening asking (nicely) for an update and heard nothing. On Wednesday I sent them another message (still nicely) asking for tracking information. I am on the east coast and they are in Oregon. I would have expected shipping or an explanation by Wednesday. Thursday morning I received an automatic message from eBay telling me that a label had been printed. I tracked the package and there was no information- only that the label had been printed. Now it is Friday and I sent them another message as there was no update to the tracking information,. Again, no response. I just tracked the package again and find that the eggs were just dropped off at the post office on a Friday afternoon, heading to me across the US. This seller has still not answered any of the four messages I have sent them. If anyone has any other way of contacting them I would appreciate it if you could PM me.

Thanks

So, I am an ebay seller, if you cannot contact a seller through email then you should be calling Ebay's 800 number to get more information on how to resolve an issue.

I see she is using Ebay Mobile though which "can" be difficult to find your messages on. That being said, it doesn't excuse the rudeness of it.

As for tracking, once she enters the "cleared payment", (your payment "may" have come through as an e-check which takes a few more days to clear) the tracking number will pop up, once it's delivered to the post office they are "supposed" to track it, but seriously, this doesn't happen at every point your package reaches.

A couple of things I noticed in her listings

***Eggs are shipped priority mail. I aim to only ship fresh eggs less than a few days old, so sometimes I can ship the eggs right away after auction ends and other times it takes a few days depending on whether the hens lay the egs fast enough....if they don't lay the eggs needed in just a few days I will wait for a fresh batch from them.***

So, she may have waited so you could get fresh eggs.

Her shipping information says this ***Will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment***

So she may not have been able to ship within that 3 day time frame.

Sorry this happened to you, always make sure to contact customer support if you have an issue with a seller. I hope your eggs reach you safely and soon =)

Last edited:
I sell on eBay as well and understand everything you mention. I have also shipped boxes and had them not get scanned and it is very frustrating from my end as well. In this case, the box was scanned as received at their post office Friday at 2:48 in the afternoon even though the label was created early in the morning the day before. It seems to me that this was done to get the "shipped" status within eBay's guidelines. The payment was instant and the funds were cleared on Sunday, 48 hrs after the auction ended.

My biggest complaint is that there has been zero communication. I have sent four messages now, none of which has been responded to. I also would have understood completely if the birds slowed down laying and there needed to be a delay. That sometimes happened to me as well. However, a quick note or response letting me know that would have settled the matter without issue. Additionally, sending eggs out on a Friday afternoon when the soonest delivery date is going to be the following Monday is risk I don't feel is justified. I only hope that something viable arrives. I always candle upon arrival to check for freshness as I have gotten eggs with massively large air spaces that were who knows how old! Whatever the outcome, I will never buy from them again.

Last edited:
I ordered from them too and it was exactly the same. Zero communication, they only changed the status, after I asked for a tracking number and when they will ship my eggs.

Mine have not arrived yet either. The auction ended nine days ago and they did not ship until this past Friday. Same as you, not a single answer to any of my messages and the tracking info I received from eBay came early Thursday morning. The eggs did not get dropped off at the post office until Friday afternoon. I am hoping something comes of all of this other than a great deal of frustration. What kind of eggs do you buy from them?

I bought the Crele , barred buff, cuckoo polish. I have never bought from them and after what has happened, I will never do so again. They have nearly all positive feedback but I can't see how.

My auction ended on July 5th. I just noticed that they had 2 others for the same type of eggs ending that day, as well as a third ending three days later. If it is taking them a week to fulfill an order and they have 4 orders per week going perhaps they should slow down a bit so they can keep up. At the very least they could take the minute or so it takes to reply saying there would be a delay.

Back
Top Bottom