hubby is going to kill me if i get anymore chickens

Quote:
Sounds like you are just getting started
wink.png
big_smile.png

Oh my husband wants to kill me every single day...my addiction is out of control! You should have seen my husbands face when I asked about getting ducks......
lau.gif
wee.gif

I don't have this problem at all. There is no significant other to roll eyes at me. My landlady wants me to "thin the flock" but I showed her: I am buying a house and moving away!

But maybe we can come up with some potion to administer to spouses and resident significant others, so they see things our way.

I just cannot understand how they can look at chicks, ducklings, chickens, or even roosters and even consider not acquiring more of them.

What is WRONG with these people?!?!?

love this thread. my hubby told me recently that he promised to love me in sickness and health and this is my sickness. how awesome is that. he does get kinda nervous sometimes when i order more eggs. we are only allowed to have 4 hens where we live
smile.png

I honestly just cannot explain it. I started with 6 RIR last summer that I bought locally. When they were about 9 weeks old I found out that you can order day old chicks. So I ordered 5 barred rocks and 5 EE. I told myself that you never know when you might lose one, and probably will end up with a rooster or two. Nope, 16 egg laying hens.
I recently discovered Welsummers and think that those chocolate brown eggs would make a great addition to my collection. And to complete my collection I should probably get a couple white egg layers. And if I am gonna order chicks I might as well get some more EE's cuz their eggs are so popular. Just placed my order... 3 Welsummer, 3 EE, 1 Exchequer leghorn, 1 Golden Campine and threw in one Silver Laced Wyandotte. So 9 more chicks arriving July 5th. Sigh...25 chickens? I honestly don't need them. I give away more eggs that I keep. I just can't help myself. I love chickens!

My Chicken math is ok. One hen, one rooster. Then the neighbors chickens started sleeping in our barn a couple of nights a week. Then they invited a friend, and never went home. OK, one rooster, five hens. No , two goats on the way. OK, now I need a LGD. DH is starting to use four letter words. alot. Maybe if I buy more chickens he won't notice the new cat on the porch.
tongue.png

11? We started off with 6 tiny little cute cuddly chicks from TSC. We now have over 100 chickens, 20 geese, 60 ducks, 30 guineas, 4 incubators including a 600 egg incubator.....it never ends!!!

Back
Top Bottom