hubby laid off, feeling anxious

Quote:
Was just thinking about you! I need to get some pics of your mutts
wink.png

Two gray roos w/ brown splashes. We can NOT decide if the two solid black are both roos or one of each. The gray hens are light gray w/ some dark spots. Very pretty! The one BLRW is a hen! The orps are all large - they're as large as our 6 mo. olds of other breeds and they are only 3 mo.

Quote:
Was just thinking about you! I need to get some pics of your mutts
wink.png

Two gray roos w/ brown splashes. We can NOT decide if the two solid black are both roos or one of each. The gray hens are light gray w/ some dark spots. Very pretty! The one BLRW is a hen! The orps are all large - they're as large as our 6 mo. olds of other breeds and they are only 3 mo.

Neat, would love to see pics and see if I or others can help decide gender!

I ws thinking of you the other day too and when I saw your posting just had to send a hug and prayer that DH finds work.

I don't know what your beliefs are, but we have come to believe that God has something better in mind for your husband's hands. Trust the Lord and know that everything happens for His reasons and that all will be well.

When my DH lost his job a year and a half ago, it devastated us horribly. A couple of months later, I was in an accident, and we are still paying off the medical bills from that (having health insurance doesn't mean much, even when you do have it--even though my share of cost was only a little over $4,000, my husband had just lost his job and we could not in any shape, way, or form afford it and are still paying it off). That being said, my husband began digging up the back yard, and we started growing our own food as much as possible. When he applied for unemployment (which he was denied), he did find out that he qualified for VA benefits & now he will get a check, albeit small, every month for the rest of his life, and the VA benefits will be extended to help the kids with college tuition. Having no money for over a year, though, helped us learn to appreciate what we have and live a richer life on FAR less money.

Losing his job was the best thing that ever happened to us, even though it didn't feel that way for the LONGEST time. It has taken a year and a half now to come to this place. He has a really nice job now he enjoys, working in a little neighborhood hardware store part-time, just enough hours that it doesn't kill his back (he broke his back when he was in the military). I even took a lesser paying job just to have less stress and be home with the chooks, but we are happier than we have ever been, on far less money.

Blessings come in all kinds of disguises.

Thank you all for so much encouragement. It's tough right now. He's supposedly going to be offered a job he interviewed for earlier in the week. It pays 1/2 as much, has no benefits, and is an hour away. I'm really trying to focus on the positive of him at least having work but it's hard not to feel like he will be settling for this job while not being available for interviews at other possible jobs. It is looking like he will have a 2 wk. gap between jobs and he is really hoping to get some good interviews scheduled during that time.
I appreciate the spiritual encouragement. I am a strong believer in God's plans for us. It can be so hard not to worry about putting food on the table, etc.

where do you live if you live anywhere in the northeast from penn to maine. I have an idea for your hubby
How does he feel about electricity and heights cause this training program puts you to work. My Husband is a lineman and most of the men in our family and its a good living with good ins. His oldest apprentice is in his 50's.

Just a thought in case you are interested

http://www.neat1968.org/

I responded via PM, but thought perhaps others might find what I said useful. I work for the Dept of Labor and find that most people do not realize how many different services there are besides unemployment. In most states you can go in to look for a job, find community resources, use the computers, fax and printers, get help with resumes and interviews. There is also training available and in our state we have On the Job training and other programs. It is worth checking out. Ask about the Workforce Investment Act WIA for training.
I am always happy to help.

Quote:
We're in WV. Lineman would be cool but I think his, er, robust figure, might put him out of the running
wink.png

Thank you so much for the thoughts and help though!

Quote:
Thanks! I'll copy your text and email it to my husband. He's checking out everything he can. I need to see about getting the kids on CHIPS too. I think I've been in denial and/or hoping that he would get a better job offer w/ insurance.

Quote:
We're in WV. Lineman would be cool but I think his, er, robust figure, might put him out of the running
wink.png

Thank you so much for the thoughts and help though!

well he would only have to pass a climbing test and after that they work in the bucket. My hubby is also robust and it takes him a little longer to get up the pole than it used to but like I said after he'll work in a bucket.
I will talk to my husband about which apprenticeship takes care of your area. Just in case he decides to try it.
I think this is the training program for your area
http://www.njatc.org/

I noticed on your signature line that you sew , Yesterday I was talking to a local town store and they sell American Doll Style clothes and they asked me to make some things for their store on commision. It seems in this economy people can't afford the actual American Doll Clothes and there is a big demand for x-mas.

I copied this right from the Department of Labor

Q3: Who is entitled to benefits under COBRA?
There are three elements to qualifying for COBRA benefits. COBRA establishes specific criteria for plans, qualified beneficiaries, and qualifying events:

Plan Coverage - Group health plans for employers with 20 or more employees on more than 50 percent of its typical business days in the previous calendar year are subject to COBRA. Both full and part-time employees are counted to determine whether a plan is subject to COBRA. Each part-time employee counts as a fraction of an employee, with the fraction equal to the number of hours that the part-time employee worked divided by the hours an employee must work to be considered full time.

You ARE eligible.

Back
Top Bottom