Hubby said no more chicks

JoJoM

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Eastern Ontario, Canada
We'll have 22 chicks by the end of of March and only have room for about 18 so he said no more chickens. Is that what they call chicken math? I may have developed an addiction to incubating eggs so I have some duck eggs being delivered today! Not chickens :) We live on 200+ acres and have a 2 acre pond, so ducks seemed like a good choice. I have a second coop I can use for them. We've never had duck so this will be all new to us and I'm always so grateful for this forum.
I have a dozen eggs to set. Ducks are Pekin and Runner, drakes are rouen, cayugen, khaki campbell and pekin. She isn't even sure what's fertile, but I'll give it a shot. I have no idea what to expect from these mixes, but I'm pretty excited.

I get it. If I had it my way, I'd had way too many animals and be poor because of it. Just can't say no to an animal in need of a home.

My husband is my voice of reason. However, doesn't mean he doesn't break from time to time. I just keep showing cute videos and pictures till he has a weak moment!

Back
Top Bottom