Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Coupe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. houseofknauss

houseofknauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    oh no-----those darn things are fast, and when they find a weak spot they use it. shooting them is so hard they are fast---call someone in to trap it. im sorry for your losses

2. houseofknauss

houseofknauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    oh no-----those darn things are fast, and when they find a weak spot they use it. shooting them is so hard they are fast---call someone in to trap it. im sorry for your losses

3. LSzajko

LSzajko Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Quote:SO sorry Lexi. It hasn't been a good week for any of us :-(

4. Coupe

Coupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    Well 2 of the young hamburgs showed up, but thats it..I only saw one fox and only saw enough feathers for one chicken, so im hopeing the other hen is hiding still.
    Well I hope everyones morning has been better than mine!

5. Coupe

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    :( it really hasnt!

6. Sallysec

Sallysec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2012
    New York
    I am so sorry .
    I am headed to hyde park right now with hubby to do some plant shopping.
    My sister is in DC right now making her way up from NC. Her daughter is super excited to get here and meet a chicken. My incubator is reading 95 degrees on one thermometer and 100 on another...so I went and bought a third...I want to scream. Went to home depot for hinges for the second coop door that my husband is building...got side tracked and came home without them
    [​IMG]

7. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Quote:Ha! I do that ALL the time!!! Glad I'm not the only one! Enjoy your sister's visit!

8. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Quote:SO glad to hear one came back. Maybe the rest of them are huddled somewhere safe. Crossing my fingers for ya!

9. Coupe

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    So....I just let my dogs out before bed..walked over to the hamburg pen..and I noticed my rooster and one young hamburg sitting on top of the coop..looked down and saw blood, then saw my old hen laying dead next to the coop..somthing ripped her head off. This is the 2nd attack in one day..first one around 6am and this time the fox came before 9:30pm.. I had already wrapped the bottom of the pen in chicken wire today...so now im down to 3 hamburgs.I have moved the 2 remaining into the grow out pen with the silkies and their chicks. Im now worried it'll get into the duck pen somehow..I dont know what else to do...its one freaking persistent fox..

10. Coupe

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    And again this morrning at 5:45am..but there are 2 of them this time! One took off before I got off the pourch...got half way to the coops and my 100lb Pit spotted the other fox and chased it all the way across the road into the back of the neighbors property. Iv never seen my dog run to fast

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by