Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Coupe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. charlie14

charlie14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2013
    Kerhonkson NY
    unrelated: all of my hens have layed for the last 4 days in a row, will there be a day when no one lays? Do you think they are all on the same schedule?

2. LSzajko

LSzajko Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    From what I've read, they can skip a day. I have 5-6 that lay in the morning and two that lay around 4:00 in the afternoon.

3. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Lexi, just wondering if you saw anything this morning. Thinking of you...[​IMG]

4. Coupe

Coupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    Its driving me crazy!!!!
    You would think it would come at different time!! Every day at 5:45!!! I dont like getting up early lol
    Iv spoken to a few people who might come a trap it for me, or my father said I can have the 22 for acouple of days.
    But congrats on the daily eggs!! I hope everyones chickens are staying safe!

5. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Oh a prompt fox.. [​IMG]
    I hope you get it very soon. Everything was ok this morning?

6. Coupe

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    Everyone was fine this morning..but the fox has beem trying to get into the the grow out pen. This morning I heard the chickens going off, looked out the bed room window and saw it.so I banged on the window and all it did was jump and went back to circling the pen. As soon as I open the front door it takes off.
    Ugh on another sad note..I watched a guy run over a kitten right infront of my house tonight around 9..he stopped and moved the kitten to the side of the road..and left..the BF and I went to the road with a flash light and I saw that it wasnt dead!!!! You could tell it was hit in the head :( I wrapped it up in my sweater and walked to my neighbors house (she feeds all the feral cats) ..she thanked me for picking the cat up and took it inside :(
    I dont think it lived, but at least it didnt die on the side of the road.
    My week has just been freakin horrible!

7. charlie14

charlie14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2013
    Kerhonkson NY
    Man coupe you better go back to bed and try again next week.

8. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Agreed charlie14~
    Think of it this way Lexi: It can't get much worse, right...?

9. Coupe

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    I sure do hope not!!!
    I dont like cats...and I sure as hell dont like the fact that my neighbor feeds the ferals and lets them breed like crazy..but im not going to let a kitten and or any animal just lay on the side of the road alive. The guy hit it, knew my bf and I where standing in our front yard watching him..you would think he would of called us over or say "hey I just hit a cat, is it yours"
    But lets here some good news! Anyone do anything exciting this weekend?

10. LSzajko

Mar 18, 2013
    New Windsor, NY
    Hmmmm...exciting? Does cleaning the house and one of the coops count? Laundry? Grocery shopping?
    OK we did go to the Dutchess County Fair Friday night and New Windsor's Community Day yesterday so we had a little bit of fun. And you.....? Besides hunting fox, of course [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by