Huffy Puffy, our puzzling hen

Kybal

Hatching
Feb 19, 2021
Helllo everyone. I have come to this website many times with all my questions regarding my flock, but I have yet to get a solid answer for my most puzzling question of all.

My hen, Huffy Puffy, wheezes and doesn't cluck or make mutch sound. The weird part, she doesn't have discharge or watery eyes, eats, drinks, doesn't self isolate, lays an egg ALMOST every day, healthy weight, but she has SUCH a difficult time breathing.

I just got back from the vet and they gave me two options bc of her good health. Put her under and probe her trachea, but he said chickens are high risk for that stuff. His other recommendation was just inflammation of the trachea and possible anti immflamatory drugs to treat it. Or let things play out. She is a healthy chicken otherwise.

Help me get this girl some relief. It has been happening for about a month and a half now and I just feel so dang bad for her.

Thanks in advance :)

Helllo everyone. I have come to this website many times with all my questions regarding my flock, but I have yet to get a solid answer for my most puzzling question of all.

My hen, Huffy Puffy, wheezes and doesn't cluck or make mutch sound. The weird part, she doesn't have discharge or watery eyes, eats, drinks, doesn't self isolate, lays an egg ALMOST every day, healthy weight, but she has SUCH a difficult time breathing.

I just got back from the vet and they gave me two options bc of her good health. Put her under and probe her trachea, but he said chickens are high risk for that stuff. His other recommendation was just inflammation of the trachea and possible anti immflamatory drugs to treat it. Or let things play out. She is a healthy chicken otherwise.

Help me get this girl some relief. It has been happening for about a month and a half now and I just feel so dang bad for her.

Thanks in advance :)
I would go with the probe cause she may not want to eat the drugs .

I wouldn't put a bird under anesthesia for anything even slightly unnecessary.

I'd try the anti-inflammatory first and see if it makes a difference. That is much less invasive and not dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom