HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - BYC SOFTWARE CONVERSION Tuesday 1/10/2012

ray's two cents :

Quote:
I believe that it would be Tuesday PST timeline that the conversion will happen...so it kind of depends where in the world you're located
big_smile.png

I'm not sure where you're at
hmm.png

PST... that's the western side, right?
lau.gif

I'll do the calculations. Thanks.
smile.png

Yeah, that's California
tongue.png

It'll probably be Wednesday for me and I'm on the East Coast of the US
wink.png

Quote:
Unfortunately, for all the features and nifty things, it's not very dial up friendly. That said, there IS a lot of customization that can be done to make it a bit easier on the bandwidth thing - removing ads (GFM and PPMs), cutting out avatars, hiding signatures and the like that might make it perk up a little bit more on dialup
smile.png

I'm guessing that the browser being used would play a role there too. I would highly recommend either Firefox (at least 8.0) or Chrome.

My first poll will be about internet access. Who has dial-up, satellite, high speed. Chicken keeping is normally a rural thing and high speed isn't available to many living outside the grid.
Thankfully we finally got high speed out here in the sticks. I also use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. It's fast and friendly. I should be fine with the new BYC.

What's the benefit for PPMs/GFMs if everything is unlimited? I want to keep supporting BYC and all, but I'm kind of debating renewing on the 12th...

All of the new features sound great, though!
clap.gif

Quote:
As stated earlier, most people get a membership upgrade to support BYC, but here are some of the benefits:

GFMs: Everything regular members get plus:

Special Group Badge
Special or Custom Title
Turn off site ads
Attach Files (zip, pdf, xls, etc.)
Access Private Member Section
First Peek at new features
Smileys In Signature
BYC Store Discount Code
More Buy Sell Trade Listings
More Buy Sell Trade "Ad Bumping"

PPMs: Everything regular members & GFM's get plus:

Turn off side column in forum
Turn off carousel
Edit Your Own Title
Highlight Ads
Customize # of posts/page
Go invisible
More Buy Sell Trade Listings
More Buy Sell Trade "Ad Bumping"

We'll always be adding more benefits and features to all of the groups, but hopefully that gives you an idea of the benefits.

I don't want to be "that" person, but why not just get rid of the old usernames that are not in use? That would take the numbers WAY down and decrease the demand on the current servers.

Understand there's probably other reasons for the change, just thought I'd ask. Why are there so many ads on the new BYC?

Quote:
PST... that's the western side, right?
lau.gif

I'll do the calculations. Thanks.
smile.png

Yeah, that's California
tongue.png

It'll probably be Wednesday for me and I'm on the East Coast of the US
wink.png

Yep, it'll probably be pretty much the entire of Wednesday for me too, which works well because that's practically the only day all month I have non-BYC plans.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom