Huge black scabby abscess in chicken wing...HELP (gross graphic pics)

I just read this whole post and my heart is hurting for you. She was such a beautiful girl and I'm sure she knew you loved her with all your heart. Like you I would've had a hard time making that first decision. I always think "who am I to decide ones fate" Again,
hugs.gif
to you for having to go through such a trying time with your gal.

Last edited:
wow, what a story you've had to tell! I'm so sorry she had to move on. I think you did the right thing though. Proud of you for being strong threw all of that too! I would have just been a mess!

What an amazing story...I believe you gave her the maximum number of full days she could have without pain. Every decision you made for her was for her own well being, and I think that was accomplished for her, both in life and in death. She was lucky to have an owner like you who cared about her enough to go above and beyond like that. Blessings
hugs.gif

I am so sorry the end came so quickly, but you made the right decision. You loved her and cared for her through her whole life and she knew it right to the end. As I am sure the rest of your girls know and will be loved, Remember the special times and the times she made you laugh and smile. Thats what she would want. Blessing to you and your family.
hugs.gif

Oh, wow...Thank you everyone for all the loving message. Y'all are making me cry!
My heart is broken over Gertrude. I wanted to hold on to her no matter what. But, that moment came and I knew there was nothing else we could do that would relieve her. At the very least, I know that she's free from her distress. And, at the end of the day, I tell myself that there are millions of people that go out and kill their chickens to eat with nary a tear or shred of guilt and what they do isn't wrong. I wished I could have channeled their detachment.
thanks everyone...
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom