HUGE egg today

They are amazing when they are that big. My kids thinks its great - I feel for the poor hen. Must be like having a 13 lb baby
wink.png

I will post a picture when we crack it open... I feel for the hen ~ what noise she must have made yesterday!! My neighbor's probably thought someone was in the coop killing chickens..
OUCH!!
barnie.gif

Well, here they are: The MONGO egg twins...
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

97666_twin_yolks.jpg

The one yolk on the left is surrounded by the egg white but the right one doesn't seem to have it's own white.. and don't know if you can see it or not but there is a tiny thin white membrane connecting the two yolks.. right about in the middle between the two. Like eyeglasses and the part that sits on your nose... not sure what that means in egg/chicken world.. just thought it was interesting.

Looks like egg sandwiches tonight now!

We just got a giant egg today as well! I just popped on here to see what that ment. I wonder if ours is a double yolk as well.....

I swear the giant egg is almost twice as big as her normal eggs. (it is one of my EE's...but not sure which one.)

Since mine started laying two weeks ago every egg larger than normal - or what most people would consider a regular, "large" egg - has been a double yolk. So far I've got about five. Not every day, but enough that when I see one it gets my attention.

I knew it!! Any time I have had a double yolk the egg has been noticeably larger than a normal egg. The Amish actually breed chickens that lay only 'double-yolkers'. I saw a video where a guy had (I think it was) six of these Amish chicken eggs and evey one was a double-yolker...very cool. There can even be triples!

Well, congrats. We're still on egg-watch!

idunno.gif

Isn't it just thrilling to find one of those whoppers? You feel for the hen, but those are always so exciting to crack open and see! My avatar is my last double yolker my BO laid, as you can see it is about 3 times the size of her normal eggs she lays.

Back
Top Bottom