Human Pests. Karma is King.

Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
Maintaining a small Farm can be a joy. And a lot of hard work. But along with it you end up eventually fighting off and trying your best to control Pests or Predators.
The Pests come in different forms of life. Some are easy to control, others are almost impossible and become a threat to your piece of mind.
We use different remedies for different Pests and or situations. This time KARMA was sufficiently administered.
We live on a County owned Limerock road and the Neighborhood a short distance away has asphalt, has a few individuals whom use our Limerock road as their play ground when we get rain. It has rained everyday for a week now so we have a real life Nissan Truck Commercial on going everyday. They are so bold some of the Pickup Truck Drivers, do donuts, fishtail, wreck less stunts and have drove straight thru our fence and did a big donut in our pasture leaving with a downed fence for 25 of our 4 leg creatures to free range the streets.
Yesterday, afternoon a black pick up truck swerved off the wet road and came close to a repeated fence breach. My husband ran out to get his tag number but all he got was the drivers middle finger..

Somebody opened a big can of Karma..
This morning Lord and behold.. He was buried up to his rear axle from mudding in a low line ditch full of water. Here is the sweetest part.. The Sheriff Dept was having it towed.
I haven't giving up on Humanity yet but I think Karma is part of the reason.
What a beautiful morning it is. It's great to be alive!

Last edited:
I know the feeling. We have a lot of inconsiderate people that haul a$$ up and down our road. They have not been bold enough to try to play on our property or the surrounding fields and if they are smart they never will. On occassion, within the past six months, two have flipped their vehicles on our road. Not hurt or anything but vehicles busted up. I definitely let a smile and a smirk slip out.

You have the right, I believe, to plant a miniature version of "Rommel's asparagus" on your property. Take a whole bunch of pieces of thin re-bar, about three feet long and cut at an angle to obtain a fairly sharp point. Plant them about one-half foot from one another at the edge of your property, with a flat rock under each one. Leave the top six or seven inches out of the ground and tamp the soil well around them. They are hell on tires. You may want to string a wire fence between the spikes and the rest of your property to keep your stock from stepping on them. Another solution, if you have a backhoe, is digging a ditch on your side of the fence. It should be four feet wide and four feet deep. It should be enough to stop the trespassers' trucks.

They took 20 feet of barb wire as a souvenir. Making it easy to find them the next day. The Sheriff dept said it was our word against his because we did not see the tag # when we reported it. When we saw the truck in a driveway only a mile from our house, it still had the barb wire embedded in the grill. Got his tag # and called again. That's when they said NOTHING WE CAN DO.
We were feeding our pasture animals only 300 ft away and witnessed it but could not see the tag spinning in circles.
Needless to say we still see him hauling butt by still all the time. Gotta love it.
That's why when I saw the other truck bogged down abandoned I was happy to see Karma grab one point for the good Guy's team. The Sheriff said it would be towed away at owners expense after he contacted the owner and got a b.s. excuse from him.
:clap

I know the feeling. We have a lot of inconsiderate people that haul a$$ up and down our road. They have not been bold enough to try to play on our property or the surrounding fields and if they are smart they never will. On occassion, within the past six months, two have flipped their vehicles on our road. Not hurt or anything but vehicles busted up. I definitely let a smile and a smirk slip out.
One month ago, a speeding car took out a power pole at a t-bone intersection. Knocked out the power for hours. Drunk of course speeding down a narrow lime rock road with a 20 mph speed limit.
I am sure the long power outage effected our hatch rate on our incubators. One was day 15 and another was on lock down. Shut off for 3 hours during lock down period. Since then we took our battery back up for our home computer and use it for our incubators. When it starts to beep at 1 a.m., some drunk probably took out a pole again.
Life is an adventure.

They took 20 feet of barb wire as a souvenir. Making it easy to find them the next day. The Sheriff dept said it was our word against his because we did not see the tag # when we reported it. When we saw the truck in a driveway only a mile from our house, it still had the barb wire embedded in the grill. Got his tag # and called again. That's when they said NOTHING WE CAN DO.
We were feeding our pasture animals only 300 ft away and witnessed it but could not see the tag spinning in circles.
Needless to say we still see him hauling butt by still all the time. Gotta love it.
That's why when I saw the other truck bogged down abandoned I was happy to see Karma grab one point for the good Guy's team. The Sheriff said it would be towed away at owners expense after he contacted the owner and got a b.s. excuse from him.
Are you sure that poor excuse for a sheriff is not the perp's cousin? Or uncle? It'LEO's like him that make it hard on good citizens.

When I originally posted this thread, it was just intended to showcase a situation without taking on such a negative tone. This site was created to help beginners and advance beginners to inform and educate the subject of raising and breeding of poultry. I apologize for bringing this to forum but still relieved that an on going problem in our neck of the woods finally scored a point for the good guys. In the future I shall try to stay within the boundaries of the positivity this site was ment to promote. Thank you all for your feed back and support.

It sounds like you are describing a mistominter and not a felony. Unless the Law sees a
mistominter being committed there is nothing that law enforcement can or will do to help you. In my humble opinion that is why God created the Second Amendment.

Now you can go down to your local court house and prefer or press charges against these criminals in training but it will be almost impossible to get an indictment little less a conviction. However it is almost a sure thing that you will be sued out of house and home by the perp's parents. In every state that I am aware of it is a felony punishable by long sentences to either shoot at or into an automobile, even an empty one. So the Second Amendment is of little help.

do agree not to take matters into your own hands especially no violence, it wont solve anything and it's not worth it. Especially if it escalates them or puts you in jail. I've been dealing with hate crimes and terrorizing for many years when so many little farms went into foreclosure around us, and now with Pot legalized in my state. My little farm is surrounded by Commercial grows, State appointed drug addicts is all that they are. It's gotten much worse towards us and our animals out in the pastures.. I do believe in Karma I'm a patient person knowing they will be their own downfall.. Do my best to keep up grading our security so we not such an easy target or easy access to the homestead area. Stay safe.... especially don't instigate crazy people...

Back
Top Bottom