Humane way to stop mice from invading quail cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course It is your business. However, I do not understand why you worry about them being harmed. Mice and rats are disease carry worthless creatures. Kill them and get rid of them. I am not talking about someone's pet, but these are not pets. But, I would not have those either. I am telling you there is not much if anything else in the world that needs to be eradicated more (which is not possible). And, even though it is not possible we certainly need to try. These things will take over the world if left unchecked. They are worse than cockroaches and that is saying a lot. Do not let them live another day in your basement. It is your basement. It is part of your home which is where you "live". Do not wait for the landlord. Or move if you can. You might need to research a little bit on just how nasty these disease carrying disgusting these things are and you might decide a quick death with a snap trap is not really such a bad idea. Poison them and you get to live with their decaying disease stench for awhile.
Have I said disease carrying several times. Yes, I think I have.
I concur! OP, just read about all the mice on Gough Island and I do believe you will reconsider saving them.
The MouseX I mentioned earlier dehydrates them so there is little or no smell at all.

I concur! OP, just read about all the mice on Gough Island and I do believe you will reconsider saving them.
The MouseX I mentioned earlier dehydrates them so there is little or no smell at all.
Gough Island?? Ha! Let's not even go there.

MouseX or RatX. Will not harm anything but the mice & rats that eat it, not even if another animal eats the mice. Basically it dehydrates them & kind of go to sleep.... At least that was how it was explained to me. Good luck
If it even works which it doesn't. Rodents catch on quickly what to stay away from.

Of course It is your business. However, I do not understand why you worry about them being harmed. Mice and rats are disease carry worthless creatures. Kill them and get rid of them. I am not talking about someone's pet, but these are not pets. But, I would not have those either. I am telling you there is not much if anything else in the world that needs to be eradicated more (which is not possible). And, even though it is not possible we certainly need to try. These things will take over the world if left unchecked. They are worse than cockroaches and that is saying a lot. Do not let them live another day in your basement. It is your basement. It is part of your home which is where you "live". Do not wait for the landlord. Or move if you can. You might need to research a little bit on just how nasty these disease carrying disgusting these things are and you might decide a quick death with a snap trap is not really such a bad idea. Poison them and you get to live with their decaying disease stench for awhile.
Have I said disease carrying several times. Yes, I think I have.
Google rodent birth control. That is what most of the big cities in the US are using AKA Chicago. Once they can't breed the will be eliminated. That is the correct way. Starving them out is practically impossible and they won't eat poison. Relocating them doesn't work cuz they come back. Killing is the only way.

uhh, maybe, maybe not. I'm sure you will catch a few dummies. Set it up but locked for a few days, so they get used to coming in and out.. then set it and you'll catch. Clean between each use to they dont smell their friends, too.

uhh, maybe, maybe not. I'm sure you will catch a few dummies. Set it up but locked for a few days, so they get used to coming in and out.. then set it and you'll catch. Clean between each use to they dont smell their friends, too.
You might I've not had any luck. TomCAT doesn't work. They walk right by it.

ehh, I've seen plenty of sucesses catching cats in these types of traps. Whole entire colonies. Maybe your tomcat knows what the trap does and you need to find a different way

here is a video :

If we are talking humane though, I find it much more humane to snap necks in .2 seconds, than to stress out a little mouse... too much stress can lead to death. I guess they get to live.. but I bet its scary for them.

ehh, I've seen plenty of sucesses catching cats in these types of traps. Whole entire colonies. Maybe your tomcat knows what the trap does and you need to find a different way

here is a video :

If we are talking humane though, I find it much more humane to snap necks in .2 seconds, than to stress out a little mouse... too much stress can lead to death. I guess they get to live.. but I bet its scary for them.
We've caught tons of feral cats like this, although I don't think catch, neuter and release is an environmentally sustainable option, especially for wildlife. We watch the trails through our yard the cats use and then set up the traps there. The only downside is that we sometimes catch opossums and raccoons. I don't think you could catch a mouse or rat in one of these those since they can squeeze out.

Listen, I'm neither a cat or owl so

I don't know what u smoked during the break that now u're so confused. 🤪
What you need to understand is that most people on a chicken forum have no idea what it’s like to live in a city building. When you said basement, this guy was assuming you meant the basement of your home, it’s pretty rude to suggest they’re doing drugs because you haven’t been clear about the setup of your housing.

people are sugar coating this for you, but rodents are bad for your health. I’m really sick of my favorite stores and restaurants going out of business, my kids can’t socialize, people around me are literally going crazy from being in their homes alone, and don’t get me started on vaccines being pushed on us with worse side effects than the illness, but when a real threat like hoardes of disease carrying rodents is brought up, people act like it’s fine to live with vermin. Those mice are probably back up in your apartment before you even get back there. Plus, what about the super or landlord? Does he have kids? Who are you exposing to more mice? Does this person even own the building? Mice climb thru the vents, they live in the walls, it doesn’t take long to get so out of hand that they’re living in your box spring and pulling chunks of your mattress out to make nests. If you want to let them live, that’s your choice, but moving them to a different floor of your building is worthless, inconsiderate, and immoral. At best, using humane traps, take them to the park or dump them down the sewer, the rats will probably kill them for you.

If this basement landlord owns your building, have you spoken with them? Have you asked them what they’re doing about the vermin? When the government tells people they don’t need to pay rent because of covid, what do you think the landlords are using to pay for services? If they call someone to get rid of them, what do you think will happen to the mice? Your snap traps are much more humane than the poison the exterminators spray. They’ll probably put boxes with entry holes and poison inside, all around the outside of your building so those mice will carry poison to other animals that eat them and get sick. Exterminators don’t choose the most humane method, they choose the cheapest, and they don’t care about the rest of the neighborhood.

when I lived in Brooklyn, they tore down the building behind mine, all the mice ran from there to our building. Within a month we were over run. I killed 26 with snap traps in 1 weekend, and I still saw them everywhere. We had a trifold gym mat like schools have, which we would set up in the living room for the kids to play on, and one day when I was picking it up, it had 2 squashed mice under it, they must have run when I was setting it up, and got squashed when I plopped it down. They were everywhere. It’s bad for yourself, your pets, your neighbors. I lost a dog to poison because the building next to mine dumped poison all over the ground and didn’t put up signs. My dog stood on it and peed, someone ran up and told me they saw someone dump poison. In a couple hours my dog was dead. What if that was a kid? I’m sure the people who lived in that building didn’t think the landlord would reach the end of his rope and just dump poison everywhere, but that’s what happened.

By refusing to humanely euthanize your vermin, you are leaving the choice up to someone else who may choose a more inhumane option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom