Humans getting sick from chickens?

It should pass. :) I suppose you could become tolerant if you ingested it regularly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I’ll try to remain intolerant and get my nourishment elsewhere! :barnie

If you clean the coop and then don't wash up well and then eat some food there is a chance of transmitting bacteria and/or parasites into your own system. It's not a bad idea to wear a dust mask when cleaning the coop as lots of things become airborne as well.

If you clean the coop and then don't wash up well and then eat some food there is a chance of transmitting bacteria and/or parasites into your own system. It's not a bad idea to wear a dust mask when cleaning the coop as lots of things become airborne as well.
Agree! That’s why my hands look so bad. I wash well anytime I touch the coop or areas that my chickens frequent.

:sickThanks all. I always try my best to wash well. I may just have a human type bug but the question entered my mind so I figured I’d ask. I guess I won’t have to be wormed!

Ginmary, thought has crossed my mind a few times too. Its just as possible to get Ecoli from a human . you just cant see microscopic poop. Theres also salmonella and yup, even worms. I try my best to not dwell on it because its so very rare. I keep telling myself I am going to leave disinfecting wipes out by the coop but I aint done it yet. I pick up an egg w/ poop on it and stick it in the basket then I smoke a cigarette . same ol hands unwashed. yuck

Back
Top Bottom