Humidifier pan done for incubator

Ken H

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
The humidifier pan for my incubator is done and held water for over an hour without a leak. I guess the seams are good. It holds about a quart and a half of water. Got it filled and am testing the concept now. Here's some pictures of the pan.

humfront.jpg

humtop.jpg
humobique.jpg

For good humidity, don't you want the fan blowing air over the water surface? It looks to me like your fan blows against the side of the tub so the air flow will not be across the surface of the water.

An idea might be to put something in the water that will wick the water into the air stream. Maybe hang a cotton washcloth so that one end is in the water and one end is up in the air flow?

Nope, that whole section is like a return plenum. The moisture released by the heat is blown out to the incubator section. . The holes drilled in the divider restrict the return air flow, causing fresh air to be drawn into the fan/humidifier section. Vent slits at the top of the incubator section let air out due to warm air raises. Right now the RH% is 54% but I think thats dry due to the new pine shavings just added. I am getting ready for a dozen eggs sent by another forum member. Hope to be incubating some Jersey Giants by the end of next week.

It looks really good. I'm envious of the tools and the trade to make one. Sigh. Me I'm sticking with my bowl of water but it works. And I'm not breaking anything that works.

I've almost finished my upgrades to Darthbator and hope to post it soon. I love seeing what others have done so I want to share too.

Back
Top Bottom