Humidity for hatch and Little Giant...

mrhyland

Hatching
Mar 23, 2020
Hi all!
Brand new to the boards. My sons and I are incubating eggs right now. We got a little extra temp and humidity gauge to go with our Little Giant incubator.
The humidity from the incubator reads in the high 40%s, and the other one reads 11-12%. Are Little Giants often off? Do I need a third one to see what is off? Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your help! Here are a few pics. (Temp is low b/c just had lid open to turn eggs.) cc’d
A3E7F1D3-B45C-4748-9D44-1A75231E6D48.jpeg

41BB4845-8C1A-4D49-9C73-B63CE0A6F4CA.jpeg

Are either Calibrated. You should get on that can be calibrated as your third.. The one on the incubator you shouldn’t trust, that what I read all the time.. also according to both your temperature is low. It should be between 99.5 to 102. Closer to 99.5 for circulated incubators and around 101 I think for non circulating incubators. For humidity I run around 30 to 45% for the first 18 days..

I just bought a LG 12300 for my secondary Bator. My first one is a Hovabator. With the LG, the humidity is wayyy off. It even bounces up and down. I have obsessively salt tested my hygrometers and am going with their readings instead of the incubators reading. I have to say, the Hovabator stays a lot more constant as far as temp and humidity than the LG. Just an observation

Back
Top Bottom