Humidity horror

Sweaterhatch29

Hatching
Aug 24, 2021
Hello! I am new to the site and I was hoping I could gather some information from y’all! I’m currently incubating 4 chicken eggs in my nurture right 360. This will be my second attempt, first attempt only produced 3 hatchlings out of 16.. my concern is the humidity level.. I do everything as the instructions state which is to add water to water pot a and open vent door half way.. well I can only get my humidity level down to around 58-62%. It’s supposed to be on 50% (55) being acceptable. Does anyone have any tips or anything that can help me get the humidity down? Also, the vent door is supposed to remain at half way until the last 3 days when you open it fully and the humidity is supposed to rise to 70% on the last 3 days. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Hello! I am new to the site and I was hoping I could gather some information from y’all! I’m currently incubating 4 chicken eggs in my nurture right 360. This will be my second attempt, first attempt only produced 3 hatchlings out of 16.. my concern is the humidity level.. I do everything as the instructions state which is to add water to water pot a and open vent door half way.. well I can only get my humidity level down to around 58-62%. It’s supposed to be on 50% (55) being acceptable. Does anyone have any tips or anything that can help me get the humidity down? Also, the vent door is supposed to remain at half way until the last 3 days when you open it fully and the humidity is supposed to rise to 70% on the last 3 days. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
I have the nurture right 360 also. I was having trouble keeping the humidity up. I then realize the area i had it in was not a steady temp. I moved it to another spot where the temp stays more evenly. That being said I am hatching silky eggs.My incubator is in a large room with a woodstove, which makes the air dry. People might say this is risky but it works for me and my chicks....I keep my first incubator around 50 and then for the last 3 days I move them to my second incubator that is around 70. The reason i did 2 incubators is so i am not constantly adjusting the humidity. I have had no real issues doing this. I did loose a chick yesterday but it was a big chick, it didnt pip. the shell was really hard and she ran out of air before i could get her out. I was very heart broken. Now I am checking and marking the air cell. Your room temp and room humidity should be taken into consideration. Also adjust the vent to whatever opening helps with your situation. Hope i helped.
pic....happy chicks

Attachments

• 20220127_150753.jpg
    20220127_150753.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 2
I have the nurture right 360 also. I was having trouble keeping the humidity up. I then realize the area i had it in was not a steady temp. I moved it to another spot where the temp stays more evenly. That being said I am hatching silky eggs.My incubator is in a large room with a woodstove, which makes the air dry. People might say this is risky but it works for me and my chicks....I keep my first incubator around 50 and then for the last 3 days I move them to my second incubator that is around 70. The reason i did 2 incubators is so i am not constantly adjusting the humidity. I have had no real issues doing this. I did loose a chick yesterday but it was a big chick, it didnt pip. the shell was really hard and she ran out of air before i could get her out. I was very heart broken. Now I am checking and marking the air cell. Your room temp and room humidity should be taken into consideration. Also adjust the vent to whatever opening helps with your situation. Hope i helped.
pic....happy chicks
agree...your room temp. and room humidity would affect the incubator parameters for sure, agree too about opening the vent some more.
To open the vent more would do NO harm , it prob. would help you have better hatches .
The more air/flow exchange you have in your bator the entire time the better it is for hatching eggs.
Those eggs have pores for a reason, proper respiration . ( this is why I totally don't agree with LOCKDOWN in the last few days, let 'em breathe for gosh sakes. )
If opening the vent is not enough and if you can do it ( not sure about that bator ) ...cover part of your water reservoir with some tin foil .
The SURFACE area of water in your water reservoir is what comes in to play with your humidity %'s.
You can also try and dry up your ROOM some but if it were me, I'd try opening that vent more first and foremost.
You would need to monitor the humidity ( temp. too for that matter ) carefully after any adjustments are made, of course.

I open the vent all the way from day 1 unless I'm having a dry spell.

I also don't fill the most as high as they instruct, just enough to get it closeer to 55 as opposed to 50

Back
Top Bottom