Humidity...Humidity..!!

Shauna's Silkies

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
Ireland :D
Hi All,
I need a bit of help. I have a Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator with 7 silkie eggs. This is my first hatch and i am on day 2 and wondering how to do the humidity.
I do not have a hygrometer. On the mannual it says to fill 1 pot up until the lasts 2 days then fill both pots.
Will i leave 1 pot full or will i do something with the humidity...!!!!!!!
Help Help Please....
big_smile.png

Usually the instructions are pretty good. One full till the end and then both full. You can buy a hygrometer and insert if it you want to. The smaller ones are harder to increase the humidity more without the extra room.

[Usually the instructions are pretty good. One full till the end and then both full. You can buy a hygrometer and insert if it you want to. The smaller ones are harder to increase the humidity more without the extra room.]

Thank you so much il do that
so it dos'nt really matter about humidity!!!!!

thanks
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
Since you don't have a hygrometer follow your manual. Filling 1 pot and keep water in it, add water to the 1 pot every few days or whenever it gets empty. On the last 3 days keep both pots filled.

You will find a ton of information about humidity and different opinions on these forums.

I would invest the money in a hygrometer. I tried it without the first time & only got 12 out of 31 eggs to hatch. Then I bought a hygrometer at Petsmart. When I followed the incubator instructions, the hygrometer read 85%!! By only filling the smallest resevoir in my little giant incubator, I get 50% humidity. Time will tell if this hatch is going to come out better. But so far I think the hygrometer is definitely worth the $6 I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom