Is 79% humidity too high?

Echo3

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2022
I got four eggs in the incubator, about 98 degrees fahrenheit. On day 20, no pipping yet, and the humidity on my hygrometer has went to 79%. On days 1-17 I kept a humidity of around 45-50%. Is 79% too high?

They might not hatch on day 21, you set the temperature low. But during there growth your humidity was correct.

Just Crack open the lid to let the fresh air push some of the humidity out. Stabilize it to 65 to 70 percent for the rest of the duration.

You run the risk of drowning the chick in the egg when humidity hovers in the 80's.

Temps low, humidity during incubation was too high shoot for about 30-35%, the last 3 days during lockdown it can't be too high but shoot for about 80% especially if it's a Styrofoam incubator. If the humidity is too high during incubation the chicks can grow too big and at hatch are unable to turn and "zip" the shell so they pip a hole and die in the shell. The ones that may hatch will be large and mushy feeling and will have no vigor.

They might not hatch on day 21, you set the temperature low. But during there growth your humidity was correct.

Just Crack open the lid to let the fresh air push some of the humidity out. Stabilize it to 65 to 70 percent for the rest of the duration.

You run the risk of drowning the chick in the egg when humidity hovers in the 80's.
So it will be a late hatch?

Back
Top Bottom