Humidity issues in incubator

Cohea homestead

Chirping
Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a 48 egg incubator that is farm innovations brand. I bought it at the local feed store. I have 30 eggs in there. Once the chicks start hatching the humidity goes crazy and water drops gather on the top. This is only my second time hatching, the first time the same thing happened so this time when I was down to 3 days I didn't add water even though it was low thinking it would help. 11 chicks hatched over night and when I checked this morning I couldn't see in the viewing window due to all of the moisture. I dont want the electric panels to get ruined. Does any one know of any ways to solve this problem? I had the plugs out for air before they hatched but it still gets crazy moisture every where.

My first guess is that you have too much humidity during the first couple weeks of incubation.

What was the hygrometer reading and was it calibrated to insure accuracy?

I dont know how to calibrate it. Maybe I should have googled it. I didn't think of it. I usually keep it around 45 - 50% humidity and dont have any issues until they start hatching.

So you're saying it's only collecting moisture on the windows while they're hatching?

That's perfectly fine, in my opinion. You *want* it humid while they're hatching, and the chicks themselves will add moisture.

So you're saying it's only collecting moisture on the windows while they're hatching?

That's perfectly fine, in my opinion. You *want* it humid while they're hatching, and the chicks themselves will add moisture.
Yes. It's perfect until they start hatching. Then it goes crazy.

Back
Top Bottom