Humidity Levels During Lockdown

poyopoulet

Hatching
Feb 19, 2018
Hi! I was wondering whether I should open the incubator to add water for raising humidity levels because I have to add water on Wednesday, but that's a day after lock-down for hatching starts. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help me.

Thanks!

Humidity is important for those membranes as the chicks are hatching, so I'd recommend filling your water quickly and carefully, minimizing the time your bator is open, and getting it closed up as quickly as you can. It's worth it to be sure they have enough humidity in there.

Add water the day of lockdown. That’s what I did and then I didn’t mess with it until the chicks hatched. Fill the resevour as much as you have throughout incubation

Hi! I was wondering whether I should open the incubator to add water for raising humidity levels because I have to add water on Wednesday, but that's a day after lock-down for hatching starts. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help me.

Thanks!
do you have any idea what your humidity levels have been throughout incubation? Or how large the air cell is? Or how much weight the eggs have lost during incubation?

If you have any of the above information it is easier to figure out what humidity level you want for hatch.

If hatching hasn't started yet then opening the incubator isn't a problem .

Remember, eggs also need oxygen to grow.

lockdown day 1-1 mallard egg is pipping- i cant get my humidity above 70%. is this ok??? i have sponges in bottom and feeled with the max water

Im setting 20 Pekins and 8 call ducks ,1 st time setting so the to start 50-55 Then to 60 to 70 for lock down ???
I would do 40 for the start, 60-70 for lock down.

But that is a bit of a guess... it has been a long time since I have hatched regular ducks. ... I usually hatch muscovy and chicken (have also hatched quail in the past)

Muscovy eggs are happier at 30 to 40 humidity .... I am guessing that regular ducks might want a bit more moisture.

Back
Top Bottom